Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

IU Basketball: Who is leaving? Who is staying?

4 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I personally would too. But for the second season in a row doing the same things I don't think he is like me and you. Just reminds me so much of a taller Steve Hart.

Whoa....wild comparison.  But interesting.  I took classes with that dude.  Not that he ever showed up 

5 hours ago, Andrewadams16 said:

What's the point of going to play overseas hell have an even bigger role most likely if he stays another year and could only boost his stock. Would be very dumb for him to leave

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

Since when does reasoning have anything to do with these decisions?

I hope troy enjoys making 13K a year in the d-league.

College>Making 13K  year in California or Texas

If he left for money I don't think he'd go to the DLEAGUE when he'd make more overseas.

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He came to IU to become a better basketball player, and to obtain a college degree.

He has done both.

Not sure about the "better" portion. Seems to be the same player as his freshman year.

Talk that OG could consider leaving is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. Not saying it couldn't happen, but didn't this guy average less then 10 minutes per game this year? Yes, he improved and has the tools, but they are still very raw and truly unknown. Flashes of NBA talent in 3-minute sports will not be enough for an NBA team to pull the trigger. I would assume this kid also comes from a family that makes smart decisions and knowing the pro sport the way they do, understands it always there. However, funnier than OG moving on is the fact anyone would think Williams has what it takes. He and Crean may be the only two people that save us from OG going pro. Playing Williams at all ahead of OG was a head scratcher, especially late in the year. Thanks, Tom.

@jakequery: #IUBB, at scholarship limit for next season, offered a JUCO PF. Meaning Tim Priller begins telling Troy Williams Troy's a 1st Rounder.

@Janitorinthegym: @jakequery there will definitely be conversation here eventually but probably not with Troy lol

10 hours ago, IndyHutch said:

And that's where I come out, too, and I wonder if decides to collect a paycheck

What it boils down to does Troy have any interest at all in trying to make himself a more marketable basketball player by putting in another year of hard work and effort at IU to make himself better or is he already a legend in his own mind?

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Here is my take.

If Troy decides it's time to go, we should support him no matter what. Same with TB.

I want the best team IU can have next year too. It's Creans job to be prepared. It's a gut punch when players leave but we need to have replacements ready to go. Lets support our Hoosiers realizing their dreams.....or playing overseas.

This is the downside to recruiting highly ranked kids.  You have to expect they won't stay 4 years and make sure your recruiting pipeline stays full.  This is how pUKe, Duke, UNC, UK, stay among the top ranked teams year in and year out.  We brought in 3 really good freshman this past year and next year's freshmen class looks promising.  We need to keep this momentum rolling into the class of 2017.

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He came to IU to become a better basketball player, and to obtain a college degree.

He has done both.

That is something we love sight of sometimes. It's also something that early on people weren't saying a lot with Crean. They were saying that players came to IU and never got better. I think you can make a pretty strong argument with some recent examples that this is really not the case. I think you're seeing a high level of improvement.

10 hours ago, Treesh said:

Not sure about the "better" portion. Seems to be the same player as his freshman year.

I don't agree with this at all. I'm not trying to give the impression he's a finished product either but I think he has grown exponentially at Indiana myself.

10 hours ago, cmckeeman said:

Talk that OG could consider leaving is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. Not saying it couldn't happen, but didn't this guy average less then 10 minutes per game this year? Yes, he improved and has the tools, but they are still very raw and truly unknown. Flashes of NBA talent in 3-minute sports will not be enough for an NBA team to pull the trigger. I would assume this kid also comes from a family that makes smart decisions and knowing the pro sport the way they do, understands it always there. However, funnier than OG moving on is the fact anyone would think Williams has what it takes. He and Crean may be the only two people that save us from OG going pro. Playing Williams at all ahead of OG was a head scratcher, especially late in the year. Thanks, Tom.

What happens is that people will start getting in his ear and before you know it it sounds like a real possibility to a kid. I think one of the advantages here is that OG is pretty even keeled and I think he gets it. I don't know ultimately how long he'll be here but I would expect him to be back for his sophomore season for sure.