Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

IU Basketball: Who is leaving? Who is staying?

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I understand what your saying. But he has zero future as a basketball player. Why not get a free degree from IU. Maybe be a manager or something to stay connected to the basketball team. Maybe have a future as a coach or just go get a job with your free Indiana degree. 

It is extremely rewarding to be a D1 high major scholarship athlete. It would be extraordinarily unlikely that a player would consider it to be in their own best interests to voluntarily give that up.

It is extremely rewarding to be a D1 high major scholarship athlete. It would be extraordinarily unlikely that a player would consider it to be in their own best interests to voluntarily give that up.

Yep that looks damn better on a resume.

My thoughts

Everyone stays. Williams would be playing in the d-league if anything. Hell, even my NBA 2K game didn't draft Williams, and that's a video game. He needs to work on so many things.. 

Byrant. Too slow for the NBA at this point, also doesn't have many post moves. Not a very good defender at this level yet, so i can't imagine him guarding Boogie or Porzingis. He should stay.

O.G. Off potential alone, he could be a first round draft pick this summer. The draft class is weak. Super weak. If i'm an NBA GM, i'm bringing this kid in for a workout. Honestly, would love for him to land on my Lakers. But if we're being serius here, he needs to work on a lot of things and i believe he will be back. Plus he said he'd aleady be coming back so.

James blackmon. LOL. He's not going pro. Not a single NBA team will offer him a contract with the injuries that he's had the past couple years. He needs have one full geat season before he starts packing for the bags.

We have some NBA potential players, but at this point, the only one who could probably make a roster would be O.G. maybe Thomas if he really impresses at the combine this summer.

I see Yogi being a 35-50 pick this summer. 

Troy is in an interesting position. Graduates and and can play another year.  Wants to go to the NBA but isnt good enough. Do you leave now for overseas? He should stick around or grad transfer and try to raise his NBA stock IMO. I'm not one who thinks Troy is necessarily NBA level talent but overseas will be available to him next year as well.

Troy is in an interesting position. Graduates and and can play another year.  Wants to go to the NBA but isnt good enough. Do you leave now for overseas? He should stick around or grad transfer and try to raise his NBA stock IMO. I'm not one who thinks Troy is necessarily NBA level talent but overseas will be available to him next year as well.

What's the point of going to play overseas hell have an even bigger role most likely if he stays another year and could only boost his stock. Would be very dumb for him to leave

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

What's the point of going to play overseas hell have an even bigger role most likely if he stays another year and could only boost his stock. Would be very dumb for him to leave

Each situation is different. I am surprised he came back for this year honestly. He has his degree. Not so sure why it would be very dumb for him. He wanted to last year.

Yeah I know there are benefits either way, but I would just stay if I were in his situation

I personally would too. But for the second season in a row doing the same things I don't think he is like me and you. Just reminds me so much of a taller Steve Hart.

Yeah I know there are benefits either way, but I would just stay if I were in his situation

I personally would too. But for the second season in a row doing the same things I don't think he is like me and you. Just reminds me so much of a taller Steve Hart.

8 hours ago, DawgBawls said:

I much rather them be able to test waters and come back then test and be screwed like 99.9% of the "could make it" players. So test away...but keep CTC in loop...a close loop.

I'm sure that's the way it will play out.

5 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

And that's where I come out, too, and I wonder if decides to collect a paycheck

1 minute ago, IndyHutch said:

And that's where I come out, too, and I wonder if decides to collect a paycheck

I hope troy enjoys making 13K a year in the d-league.

College>Making 13K  year in California or Texas