Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Looking to next season

A humorous article on ESPN.com matching songs with next season's top 25 teams. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16585442/the-song-defines-top-25-college-basketball-team

11. Indiana Hoosiers: "Look At Me Now," Chris Brown ft. Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne (2011)

Indiana coach Tom Crean sat squarely on the hot seat going into last season, and he knew it. Instead of allowing his detractors to get their wish, Crean and the Hoosiers shook off an ugly 5-3 start to the season and marched into the Sweet 16, where they fell to North Carolina. Now, Crean returns proven scorer James Blackmon Jr., talented big man Thomas Bryant and explosive guard OG Anunoby. So yes, as Chris Brown foretold, Crean "don't see how you can hate from outside of the club" Look at him now, he's (still) getting paper.

A humorous article on ESPN.com matching songs with next season's top 25 teams. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16585442/the-song-defines-top-25-college-basketball-team

11. Indiana Hoosiers: "Look At Me Now," Chris Brown ft. Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne (2011)

Indiana coach Tom Crean sat squarely on the hot seat going into last season, and he knew it. Instead of allowing his detractors to get their wish, Crean and the Hoosiers shook off an ugly 5-3 start to the season and marched into the Sweet 16, where they fell to North Carolina. Now, Crean returns proven scorer James Blackmon Jr., talented big man Thomas Bryant and explosive guard OG Anunoby. So yes, as Chris Brown foretold, Crean "don't see how you can hate from outside of the club" Look at him now, he's (still) getting paper.

Lmao.

15 hours ago, X-Hoosier said:

Well neither will play probably... but Priller found another walk on that will play more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

You think TP is worried about PT?

16 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

Remember pritchards first 10 games when we all started asking the question, "is pritchard NBA caliber"??? Lawl

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1st freshman to start with back to back double doubles. We definitely thought we had more than we got.

So who out there can shed some light on all the noise that De'Ron Davis maybe won't arrive on campus until early August?  Overland coach Danny Fisher told The Herald-Times in a text message. “He is hashing through some things he has to finish here in town and has been in constant contact with coach Crean and staff. I don’t have an exact date, but early August is what everyone is expecting.”

Other than missing out on summer workouts and getting to know his teammates is there something else we need to be concerned about?  Please reassure me that this isn't going to be Ron Patterson 2.0.

Both McSwain and DeRon are fulfilling academic requirements. It's not a Ron Patterson scenario necessarily but I could see where the Andrew White rumors came from.

It's certainly not ideal either. But it could be much ado about nothing. Buckley has visited McSwain a couple times. Not sure about Davis. The non con will be ample time for these guys to get it in the groove if academics clear which we've been lead to believe they will.

Concerning DeRon. It's been a bit frustrating. His stock dropped slowly and steadily this season. Was a shoe-in McD candidate a year or two ago. Then the lazy highlight reels that still brimmed with oozing potential that wasn't being fulfilled (IMO). Then the "wrist" injury leading to not playing in all star games. Until now, academic issues delaying his on and off court development.

I'm still hopeful.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That boy could use strength and conditioning to get on the court and be effective at the college level.  I could see a situation where his minutes are much like OG last year.  Slowly increasing throughout the season.  I think this hurts, because his game is around the rim at both ends.