Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Indiana Core Junior All-Stars Names 03.23.16

In both of the all-star prep games and again last night, Gelon was at the low end of the totem pole in terms of minutes played; surely he's not expecting to see much more than mop-up time as a freshman and possibly even as a sophomore.  CTC's never done it, but a redshirt year might be the best thing.

In both of the all-star prep games and again last night, Gelon was at the low end of the totem pole in terms of minutes played; surely he's not expecting to see much more than mop-up time as a freshman and possibly even as a sophomore.  CTC's never done it, but a redshirt year might be the best thing.

Ain't gonna be no redshirt

Yeah, he is on the Priller Curve. Shooter at the end of the bench. I don't think he is worth red shirting and tying up anymore scholarship availability.

Going to have to improve his shooting efficiency in games to be of any use at all.

Like Stuhoo (I think) said, having a good kid and student as your 12th or 13th guy isn't the end of the world. Has a talent to refine.

We shall see.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, he is on the Priller Curve. Shooter at the end of the bench. I don't think he is worth red shirting and tying up anymore scholarship availability.

Going to have to improve his shooting efficiency in games to be of any use at all.

Like Stuhoo (I think) said, having a good kid and student as your 12th or 13th guy isn't the end of the world. Has a talent to refine.

We shall see.

To me, when you have two, it starts to impact how you can recruit. It shouldn't, but it does.

To me, when you have two, it starts to impact how you can recruit. It shouldn't, but it does.

True, but I assume that if we ever needed the space, one of the two would find a way to agree to a space clearing decision.

We shall see.

Isn't that pretty much the definition of a walk-on? I understand we can't go 13 deep with top 100 recruits and expect to have good chemistry. However, walk-ons, especially in the state of Indiana, should be those dead eye shooters, good students, and great chemistry guys. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, hoosierpap said:

Yes, especially when you go get the" end of the bench good student kid" first in a recruiting class. You limited yourself right of the bat.

Sorry it's so fuzzy, maybe someone can find a cleaner copy to post, but the fuzziness helps hide the fact Gelon was almost a no show.  The team was down to only 8 players for this game for a variety of reasons yet he only logged 7 minutes on the court.  The lack of significant playing time in any of the last 4 games, doesn't help sway the thinking that we did not invest a scholly very wisely.

CkyCldUXEAA4Gjj.jpg