Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

(9) IUwbb vs (1) ND - 2nd Round - 3/21 6:30pm Eastern - ESPN2/ESPN3

Please elaborate

Notre Dame is really good. One of few teams that can actually hang within 20 with UConn. There is a massive separation between the top few teams in womens CBB and the rest. UConn is on one level. Then several levels down is ND and South Carolina. Then down from that are a few teams. Then much farther down is where Indiana would be. We just arent talented enough to beat ND. They could probably beat some mens teams. Itd be one of the greatest upsets in womens basketball if we won. But id rather play ND than UConn.

Notre Dame is really good. One of few teams that can actually hang within 20 with UConn. There is a massive separation between the top few teams in womens CBB and the rest. UConn is on one level. Then several levels down is ND and South Carolina. Then down from that are a few teams. Then much farther down is where Indiana would be. We just arent talented enough to beat ND. They could probably beat some mens teams. Itd be one of the greatest upsets in womens basketball if we won. But id rather play ND than UConn.

this is pretty much right on. We have made leaps and bounds of progress. Brutal tough ND team next. They are human though. At least I think.

X-Hoosier is right. Notre Dame is 33-1 and has been to 5 straight Final Fours. I'd be shocked if this game was within 20. 

Sadly, I have to agree.  Women's D-1 basketball has not nearly reached the level of parity that we're seeing on the men's side and there is a very definite distinction between the 'haves' and the 'have nots' and at this point in time, ND is very definitely one of the 'haves'.  I think we can put up a good fight early on, but our 8 rotation players simply won't be able to hang with ND for a full 40 minutes.

X-Hoosier is right. Notre Dame is 33-1 and has been to 5 straight Final Fours. I'd be shocked if this game was within 20. 

The parity in Men's basketball is night and day vs the Women's game.  The drop-off is huge after the top 8-10 programs.

IU has grown leaps and bounds but the margin between the top notch teams and the next tier of teams is huge...and IU is really below that 2nd tier of teams too.  I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

For those who don't regularly follow women's basketball, consider these Final Four statistics which really point out the lack of parity in women's basketball.

• UConn:  Every year since 2000 with the exception of 2005, 2006 & 2007. 
  • Stanford:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
  • Notre Dame:  2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Full rundown available at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Women's_Division_I_Basketball_Championship#NCAA_Final_Fours_by_school

The parity in Men's basketball is night and day vs the Women's game.  The drop-off is huge after the top 8-10 programs.

IU has grown leaps and bounds but the margin between the top notch teams and the next tier of teams is huge...and IU is really below that 2nd tier of teams too.  I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Yep.  If IU can keep it within 20, that will be huge for the team.  Making the tournament is huge for the program, as will next year returning all starters.

I agree w/ X actually- just wanted to see if he was actually posting out of knowledge or just looking at numbers. Well thought out post X!

I try to know as much basketball as humaly possible cor a 22 year old. NBA, WNBA, Mens and womens CBB, HS and down. Not necessarily teams but more the game itself.

I'm well aware of  the enormous talent gap IU is facing tonight, having the misfortune of residing darn near smack dab in the center of the domer's little fiefdom.

I don't care if we're getting curb stomped by 50, I will still be telling them to suck it.

Go Hoosiers