Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

(5) Indiana v. (1) UNC - Pregame Thread

All the usual hustle factors aside...

I believe my prediction about imposing defensive will on the other team turning out to be the factor in the Kentucky game proved correct.

What will be the difference in this one? Who makes the shots and who doesn't! If we have our shooting shoes on, we will win.

"Who makes the shots" is largely a product of spacing, defensive scheme, and playing through the paint.

All these guys shoot really, really well when they are open.

Mainly 3 deep at the guard with Paige, Britt, and Berry. You'll see Justin Jackson and Pinson on the wing. I am not high on UNC guard play. Paige has had a subpar year and I think Yogi can really shut him down. I know UNC struggles from distance but they can get streaky. I'm only worried about Justin Jackson on the perimeter with his length. I'm telling you guys UNC is soft. It's VERY important for IU to stay at it even if UNC comes out firing. Let them know they will be in for 40 minutes of hell and I guarantee you Indiana will be right there in the end with a chance to win the game.

An athletic wing who might pose troubles for our defense? Sounds like the job for OG and Juwan!

Mainly 3 deep at the guard with Paige, Britt, and Berry. You'll see Justin Jackson and Pinson on the wing. I am not high on UNC guard play. Paige has had a subpar year and I think Yogi can really shut him down. I know UNC struggles from distance but they can get streaky. I'm only worried about Justin Jackson on the perimeter with his length. I'm telling you guys UNC is soft. It's VERY important for IU to stay at it even if UNC comes out firing. Let them know they will be in for 40 minutes of hell and I guarantee you Indiana will be right there in the end with a chance to win the game.

The more I read about UNC being soft the more I think our team grits it out and wins. IU is the epitome of a tough minded, eat gravel type of team.

IU has that "Cinderella Man" type team where we get punched in the mouth, smile, put our mouth guard back in and keep fighting.

I see John Crispin is already writing us off. Just said Melo Trimble is the best guard in college basketball. Also said Kansas versus Maryland is a championship game. I just get the feeling this dude hates IU secretly.

Keep piling it on America.. the hate keeps IU warm at night..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk