Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

(5) Indiana v. (1) UNC - Pregame Thread

I honestly thought we'd struggle against UKs bigs but was impressed with TB and Max. If they play well again, we might be Elite 8 worthy

puke's front line was really not that good.  Skal has been mostly a massive disappointment for a top 5 recruit.  Poythress (sp?) was their only real big you could toss it to and expect to get a bucket.  UNC has a lot better front line than puke but puke had a better back court. 

Wally just said he believes in this IU team but need to force UNC to go small to matchup with Thomas Bryant and four guards around him.  Do we even have 4 guards left we could play around TB at the same time?  Bryant, Yogi, Zeisloft, Neigo, and RoJo?  haha  Maybe he meant forwards playing out on the perimeter?

This is going to be a tough one but I for one am not worried about it--- yet.  Isn't it great to be playing the likes of UK and Carolina again. It's OK to start breaking this game down but we have earned some bragging rights with our nasty neighbors to the south and I am going to savor this win for a few days before getting worked up over Carolina. I am sure the BBall staff is already watching film and we may see a similar plan to how we played Purdue or UK--invert and make the bigs play on the perimeter to guard Max and TB from 3. It's great to survive and advance! And--we're all going to have sweet dreams tonight. Goodnight Hoosier Nation! Go IU!

This is going to be a tough one but I for one am not worried about it--- yet. Isn't it great to be playing the likes of UK and Carolina again. It's OK to start breaking this game down but we have earned some bragging rights with our nasty neighbors to the south and I am going to savor this win for a few days before getting worked up over Carolina. I am sure the BBall staff is already watching film and we may see a similar plan to how we played Purdue or UK--invert and make the bigs play on the perimeter to guard Max and TB from 3. It's great to survive and advance! And--we're all going to have sweet dreams tonight. Goodnight Hoosier Nation! Go IU!

I find North Carolina similar to Purdue.