Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

IndyCar thread

1 hour ago, Josh said:

It's "caption this" time as Josef Newgarden wins the Indy 500 after three red flags in the last 14 laps

What was that about? Was there a rule change that caused that? Back in "my day", if there was a crash or other reason for a yellow flag, you finished the race under yellow. Maybe not the best situation, but it was what it was.

And while I'm at it, what's with the bunched start? The timing lights were put in place many years ago so that under yellow, the leader could maintain the lead that he had built... now it's just "yeah, you lead for xxx laps, but now it's just a sprint to the finish".

Mind blown.

Fun, fast race bogged down by some reds at the end. Been trending that way the past handful of years. I was shocked that they flew the last red especially when it meant they to only had one lap to decide it. Still got a last lap pass for the win, pretty sweet.

Pretty thankful to not have witnessed multiple serious injuries/deaths from Lundqvist’s tire getting sent into orbit. Watched the entire thing play out in slow motion and couldn’t believe it. The light pole that the tire hit in the adjacent parking lot was swaying like a palm tree in a hurricane for a few minutes. That could have been horrifying if contact happened about a second earlier. 

Great weather, great weekend, a worthy winner, and another successful Indy. 

Oh, one more thought. How freaking cool was Newgarden’s celebration? Try telling me he wasn’t dying to win that thing. 

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

What was that about? Was there a rule change that caused that? Back in "my day", if there was a crash or other reason for a yellow flag, you finished the race under yellow. Maybe not the best situation, but it was what it was.

And while I'm at it, what's with the bunched start? The timing lights were put in place many years ago so that under yellow, the leader could maintain the lead that he had built... now it's just "yeah, you lead for xxx laps, but now it's just a sprint to the finish".

Mind blown.

Yeah, they didn't like finishes without racing so they changed the rule a few years back

Screenshot_20230528_192322_Twitter.jpg