Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

Analysis: Fifteen Big Ten wins ... an incredible feat

And screw the haters who think we only won because our schedule was easy. Ask them how easy our games @Iowa and v. Maryland were to win the title by 2 games.

And while we're at it, screw Purdue fans who try and move the goalposts because "Well, we should really combine BTT titles and regular season titles because that's what sports almanacs will do in the future".

It's a great time to be a Hoosier... though it would have been much easier for me to watch our upcoming game if we were maybe the 4 seed instead. Thanks for nothing guys.

And screw the haters who think we only won because our schedule was easy. Ask them how easy our games @Iowa and v. Maryland were to win the title by 2 games.

And while we're at it, screw Purdue fans who try and move the goalposts because "Well, we should really combine BTT titles and regular season titles because that's what sports almanacs will do in the future".

It's a great time to be a Hoosier... though it would have been much easier for me to watch our upcoming game if we were maybe the 4 seed instead. Thanks for nothing guys.

Even if you did the combined thing, PU would be behind Ohio State.

I mean, yea it's a noteworthy feat and all, but with the conference expansion and unbalanced schedules this team only got to play @MSU and against Rutgers and Penn State once. Lets see how they would stack up playing more bottom-feeders and the #2 team at home and then we'll talk...

What baffles me is that IU won the B1G title by 2 full games, had 1 less win than, has a comparable RPI with MSU holding less than .01 advantage yet MSU is ranked #2 with IU #10. MSU is slotted to have a #1 seed with IU currently slotted at a "possible" #3 seed. Yes, IU lost handily to MSU but it was at East Lansing. No telling how that game would have played out at IU.

12 of PU's 22 Big Ten basketball championships were before 1939, first year of the NCAA basketball tournament.  IU had just 3 prior to 1953.  Since the opening of Assembly Hall in 1971 in Bloomington, as far back as most anyone can remember (I said most), IU has 14 Big Ten basketball championships, including 10 outright, versus PU's 8 with 4 outright.  Oh, and since the turn of the century, its 3 to 1.  Pretty sad PUke has to tout championships from before WWI and the Great Depression.  Little brother indeed.

What baffles me is that IU won the B1G title by 2 full games, had 1 less win than, has a comparable RPI with MSU holding less than .01 advantage yet MSU is ranked #2 with IU #10. MSU is slotted to have a #1 seed with IU currently slotted at a "possible" #3 seed. Yes, IU lost handily to MSU but it was at East Lansing. No telling how that game would have played out at IU.

it is the 3 losses to +114 rpi teams that is the difference in our resumes. They have 1 bad loss to Nebraska at home. Here's both resumes
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/127
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI/teamId/84

it is the 3 losses to +114 rpi teams that is the difference in our resumes. They have 1 bad loss to Nebraska at home. Here's both resumes
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/127
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI/teamId/84

They also beat Kansas, which always means something in the regular season and absolutely nothing the NCAAT (sans the 1940 and 1953 championship games). You want to talk about a more consistently over-seeded program...

They also beat Kansas, which always means something in the regular season and absolutely nothing the NCAAT (sans the 1940 and 1953 championship games). You want to talk about a more consistently over-seeded program...

are they over seeded or do they just underperform the seed they earned in the tournament? It also goes to show you how important winning 1 championship for a coach can be. That 1 championship allows self to lose to bucknell, northern Iowa and whicita st without out him getting hammered by Kansas fans

For some reason the "QUOTE" feature isn't working on my PC. So, for USPSHoosier.

I know that is the issue. However, 1 of those was an in-conference road loss to a team that also beat Iowa. And, the Maui Invitational was back in December. It was basically a different team. I can't understand how those games carry any weight considering we have 1 bad conference loss, on the road at PSU. I think Izzo is praised as some sort of basketball god and that gives them the benefit of a bonus seed in the NCAA.

For some reason the "QUOTE" feature isn't working on my PC. So, for USPSHoosier.

I know that is the issue. However, 1 of those was an in-conference road loss to a team that also beat Iowa. And, the Maui Invitational was back in December. It was basically a different team. I can't understand how those games carry any weight considering we have 1 bad conference loss, on the road at PSU. I think Izzo is praised as some sort of basketball god and that gives them the benefit of a bonus seed in the NCAA.

i agree with you on this is a different team since December however the committee chair has been quoted as saying a win or loss in November is the same as a loss or win in March. People are human and it would be hard not to see a different more defensive minded team than what we saw in January. The example I give about the committee sticking to this would be our team last year. Our wins early last year against Pittsburgh butler and smu was the reason why we were a 10 seed last year even though we lost 4 of 5 games down the stretch and every bracketologist has us in the first 4 games in Dayton or completely out of the tournament. Whatever seed we get I'm just glad we finished the regular season strong. Anything can happen in the tournament so all you can ask for is a team that has a chance and we definitely have a chance for a deep run