Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

26 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Rabs has posted a new article about his convo for those interested. I don't have Peegs, but like I said last night as well as others...Darius will commit Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Just so we don't have people wondering all week long. Everyone stay calm, cool and collected this week lol. 

so when will we he commit already..come on anyone have the news? give me the low down.  come on now. please give me some good news...when is it going to come...

oh..calm cool and collected.

that cool.  keep it together, keep it together, keep it together, keep it together... lol

Well that blows. Another week to wait

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

True but it's been set up that way for a while. Probably won't be a ton of info until the commit time is leaked. Sounds like they are deciding then announcing time to announce. Usually when that happens you will hear some chatter. It's up for everyone to decipher then. This recruitment has honestly been by the book. No real craziness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I refuse to get too excited or depressed about what college high school kids decide to play for. I want the best team that Coach Miller and staff can put together and I believe they will do just that. I am ecstatic that we finally have a recruiting strategy that addresses needs and makes sense. And, being a lifelong resident of Indiana, I am extremely happy to see the state made a priority again. I follow a lot of these kids through their high school careers and it's always nice to see them continue at IU.

maybe Darius likes the benches on the baselines

Or maybe he wants to stay close to home. It's not that hard to understand. He knows regardless of whether or not he goes to a "basketball" school or not, his chances of making it to the NBA are pretty good. 5 stars have chosen "nonbasketball " schools before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I refuse to get too excited or depressed about what college high school kids decide to play for. I want the best team that Coach Miller and staff can put together and I believe they will do just that. I am ecstatic that we finally have a recruiting strategy that addresses needs and makes sense. And, being a lifelong resident of Indiana, I am extremely happy to see the state made a priority again. I follow a lot of these kids through their high school careers and it's always nice to see them continue at IU.

Exactly

There is a clear discrepancy in the quality of the coaching staffs though. IU has one of the best in the country and that will make a big difference in his level of skill development and preparedness to enter the NBA. The strength and conditioning staff at IU is also top notch.

I'm not arguing that. Merely pointing some kids, especially those with better than average chances of going pro, let other factors weigh on his decision. In this case, it appears the factoris staying close to home so his parents cans see EVERY home game in person. I've said this before, some people love family and staying close to home is more important .
Having said that, I think he chooses IU. But if he chooses Vanderbilt to be close to family, so be it. I won't compla6and say I don't understand it.

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I just think it is interesting that Rabjohns has been down to Nashville twice in three weeks. Garland mentioned Schilling in his remarks about the pros of each school and how he trained players before they went to the NBA. He also said he would like to go into broadcasting after his playing career is over. Darius, may I introduce you to Dick Enberg, Sage Steele, and Joe Buck? I know people hate on Joe but how many people can say they have called Game 7 of the World Series and a Superbowl? 

Darius also mentioned how hard it will be to say goodbye to a coaching staff he has developed a relationship with for a long time. Well, Vandy has been on Darius the longest.

Signs definitely point to IU

2 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

How do you figure? Seems to me most things are either completely up in the air or swaying a bit towards Vandy..

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Well first, he knows Romeo is gonna be at IU. That’s a plus. Next, Ostrom and Flint have had that good an impact in this recruitment. Another plus. And finally, Darius supposedly wants Archie to visit him right before a decision. Signs point to IU. I didn’t even bring up HH. That’s obviously one more plus. Care to explain why you feel the opposite?

Adam Rowe, a Dukie, CB'd Shittu to Vandy today. He CB'd Garland to Vandy recently as well.

Seems one fan base will be upset. Hopefully it's theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

To be fair the Duke CB'ers when I was a mod there wouldn't vote for UNC. Plus Shittu is a Spring kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app