Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Mom wants him at Vandy. Dad wants him at IU. That's how I feel. I think he will go to Vandy because the hometown pressure to stay there.

Hopefully we get Romeo on that basis.

I just seriously doubt there's any pressure, outside of a few, to go to Vandy.

Even in Nashville it's tough to find a Vanderbilt fan.

I want DG to IU, but I just don't understand why people think it's stupid to remain close to home and family if that is what he wants. Some people want to be close to family. Chances are above average he will make it to the NBA regardless who he chooses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I want DG to IU, but I just don't understand why people think it's stupid to remain close to home and family if that is what he wants. Some people want to be close to family. Chances are above average he will make it to the NBA regardless who he chooses.

Yes but he's coming to iu. Vandy is no bball school.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes but he's coming to iu. Vandy is no bball school.

Being a basketball school may be trumped by playing close to home so his parents can come to every home game. There have been other top ten players that didn't go to a basketball school.

6 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Being a basketball school may be trumped by playing close to home so his parents can come to every home game. There have been other top ten players that didn't go to a basketball school.

Let's not forget about his Broadcasting desires, as well as a staff that can get him NBA ready.

Let's not forget about his Broadcasting desires, as well as a staff that can get him NBA ready.

All true! I believe going to IU would be smarter for him in the long run. But again, sometimes family trumps all that. It's not difficult to understand. What you guys are doing are putting everyone in the same box. Every one has different wants and beliefs. Some things, like family, might be more imortant than what IU can bring to the table.

Ben Simmons for 1. LS U isn't a basketball school. Why is it so hard to understand that some people choose family over a basketball school?

Ben Simmons wasn't from Louisiana though?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ben Simmons wasn't from Louisiana though?

You are correct. The point is he chose LSU over "basketball" schools. He could have went to one of those schools to develop him better for the NBA. Which seems to be the argument many on here are making for IU over Vandy with DG. BS chose LSU over a basketball school for completely different reasons.

You are correct. The point is he chose LSU over "basketball" schools. He could have went to one of those schools to develop him better for the NBA. Which seems to be the argument many on here are making for IU over Vandy with DG. BS chose LSU over a basketball school for completely different reasons.

Lsu has had top ten players over the years. I don't recall vandy ever having even a top 25 player. I honestly don't see him going to vandy. I just dont.

2 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Pete Maravich and Shaquille and a bunch of NBA stars went to LSU.  There is at least some history of basketball at LSU.  Vanderbilt is a football school first.  

He chose LSU because his sister was hired by an agency that had a relationship with LSU. She was more or less his caregiver and could funnel whatever she wanted to him through the agency.

So.........$$$$$$$

He chose LSU because his sister was hired by an agency that had a relationship with LSU. She was more or less his caregiver and could funnel whatever she wanted to him through the agency.

Wasn't Jones his godfather or something like that as well?

He was from australia

And? As I said he chose a non basketball school for reasons other than it being a basketball school. The reason doesn't have to be the reason why DG is considering Vandy. It's that a factor in his decision was different than going to a basketball school. Sometimes those factors trump going to a basketball school.