Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Didn't realize namecalling was allowed on the forum and I think your response falls more in line to your namecalling than anything I said.

If Garland strung IU along just to make it so people would care about his announcement, then yes it is a crappy thing to do.

Right.... Sorry you are being sensitive about what I said. I didn't call you anything. I said just because we didn't get the kid we don't have to put tinfoil on (this is new to my explanation) and be a bunch of assholes (what I said in beginning). It's ok when a good kid doesn't want to come to IU. There will be others. Again if you feel that is solely aimed at you I apologize for your sensitivity but it is not. That is aimed at anyone that feels a need to bash a kid for not coming here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was gonna say the same thing. Couple kids are still open out there. Ramey, maybe Tyger Campbell, Simons, maybe Shittu, grad guys, first semester transfers we will have more guys than 4 even if we dont get Romeo. These first 2 games have only solidified my opinions of that. We could see a few transfers not just one or 2 after this year. 

You can take Tyler Campbell off the list. Snow has reported in the past that IU staff wouldn’t get involved. He drove that point big time that IU staff is not interested in him in their program

Good question.

It shouldn't take 3 years at Indiana in today's day and age.

It looks like it's on pace for 3 year build though.

We'll just have to see how next year goes.

What a buzz kill. All we do is rebuild at iu.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

A great class for sure. But lacking what the team needs. A star. 

Hunter may be a star. Who knows - any of these guys could blow up their senior season.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good question.

It shouldn't take 3 years at Indiana in today's day and age.

It looks like it's on pace for 3 year build though.

We'll just have to see how next year goes.

It depends on what "rebuild" means. We could be pretty decent next year, depending on who our next 2018 is.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

You can take Tyler Campbell off the list. Snow has reported in the past that IU staff wouldn’t get involved. He drove that point big time that IU staff is not interested in him in their program

Good to know lol. Don't blame them. I was just naming some guys out there still. I'm sure some reclasses will happen as well.

The cliff jumpers and cry babies can only blame themselves. I’ve seen poems, short stories, hell, even think I saw a limerick on why Indiana would end up with Garland and Langford. This is recruiting, not fantasy land. Archie did everything he could but it was too little, too late for IU in this case. I’d urge people to not make the same mistake with Langford.

Just now, Baltimore Hoosier said:

The cliff jumpers and cry babies can only blame themselves. I’ve seen poems, short stories, hell, even think I saw a limerick on why Indiana would end up with Garland and Langford. This is recruiting, not fantasy land. Archie did everything he could but it was too little, too late for IU in this case. I’d urge people to not make the same mistake with Langford.

I'd prefer that people continue to make the same mistakes they always have made. The highs and lows are much more entertaining!

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

So, more limericks?

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

If Archie can do what we think he can, the recruits will come. We've waited this long. Gotta have patience!

That is where the disappointment lies today.  After the games this weekend and the miss on Garland, it is clear that extended patience will be required, as we are now looking at a methodical rebuild where we may not be anything more than a bubble team (if that) for the first 3-4 years (see Tony Bennett's trajectory at UVa, for example).  We have plenty of talent coming in next year, but a pair of top 10 players would have allowed us to bypass the foundation building and see some quick results.  Perhaps this will be better in the long run, but the process will likely be more painful than we had hoped.

Just now, HinnyHoosier said:

Quick derail.... I've unsubscribed from the DG thread but I keep getting notifications. Any way to fix that? I was happy not getting things done when I thought we had a snowball's chance lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What if I told you... it's not over till Garland commits at 3:45 PM ET?

That's right, cliff jumpers, I'm saying there's a chance!

I'm not mad at the guys getting info. I believe they were strung along. My problem is letting myself waist hours of my time day after day checking for the latest BS that keeps me hanging on to something my gut is telling me different.  My family deserves my time and I fell for the same thing that happened with the Billy Donovan saga. It won't happen again!

I am staggered by the few people on here who deny everything others say that isn't what they want to hear.   
One thing to consider; and I know some will think I'm nuts.  Others will get it.   Robert Phinisee is a point guard and he is ready to play at the college level.  He does not need to develop; he does not need time to learn how to play at the college level.  Perhaps Garland didn't want to split time or compete with another freshman point guard?    Is Garland more athletic?  Bigger?  Yep.  Would he have been a better fit than Phinisee?  That's not so easy.
As much as I want every great recruit we can get, losing Garland doesn't affect me in the least.  We got a kid we can lean on for 4 years; and he understands where he's going to school.  I truly hope every Indiana fan will now get behind who we DO have and not worry about who we don't.   Garland is going to a terrific academic institution.  Bryce Drew is a decent man and a good coach.  Wish him well.  Indiana is in good hands.  

Well said

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

So don't follow the Langford recruitment either? Damn and I am hopeful too.