Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Remember too that in the days leading up to his decision, Robert Johnson's crystal ball was an all-UNC avalanche.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Robert-Johnson-at-Benedictine-54423/CurrentExpertPredictions
Wasn’t pretty for IU. Osterman and Bozich riding it out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Evans Daniels just posted a new article. Pretty much the same stuff, Garland saying he doesn’t know still so he’s not sure how other people are saying he’s going here or there. One thing did stand out to me however, towards the end of it there’s a quote from Darius saying something about Vanderbilt along the lines of “hopefully they get Shittu and they get Romeo” and how they could all play together.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Evans Daniels just posted a new article. Pretty much the same stuff, Garland saying he doesn’t know still so he’s not sure how other people are saying he’s going here or there. One thing did stand out to me however, towards the end of it there’s a quote from Darius saying something about Vanderbilt along the lines of “hopefully they get Shittu and they get Romeo” and how they could all play together.

Interesting point to be made, Shittu is favored to Vandy, but his UNC visit isn't for a cpl weeks. Would feel bad for Darius if he goes to Vandy thinking he will play w those 2 only to not get either. I thought shittu had visited both already, so that is news to me.

12 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

This doesn't even make sense.  Everything is top secret one minute and the next we hear about him fantasizing about others going to Vandy with him??  EIther this is an intentional diversion or he's made up his mind.  Seems intentional to me, but I probably have my IU goggles on again.

Interesting point to be made, Shittu is favored to Vandy, but his UNC visit isn't for a cpl weeks. Would feel bad for Darius if he goes to Vandy thinking he will play w those 2 only to not get either. I thought shittu had visited both already, so that is news to me.

My personal read on Shittu is if he waits until late signing then other schools will jump in and try and get him to use one of his 3 remaining officials he will have available. Kentucky was an option at one point but Kentucky did something un-Kentucky like and cooled on a top 10 kid for a 3 star jaxon Hayes who ended up picking Texas.

Yeah Darius news is not hard to get right now, but what is hard to get is who he truly favors and I don't expect it to. Like I said, Shittu could end up at UNC and I actually hear it's likely as long as his visit goes good and Romeo is pretty much ours. The more Darius waits is awesome for us cause it makes things harder for Vandy 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

My personal read on Shittu is if he waits until late signing then other schools will jump in and try and get him to use one of his 3 remaining officials he will have available. Kentucky was an option at one point but Kentucky did something un-Kentucky like and cooled on a top 10 kid for a 3 star jaxon Hayes who ended up picking Texas.

Exactly. This is why I'm gaining confidence. The longer Darius waits the more Vandy will start losing ground with those 2 which sounds like is a big appeal for him. 

Kind of taken out of context. Garland also mentioned playing with Romeo at IU.

Just now, goonaha said:

Kind of taken out of context. Garland also mentioned playing with Romeo at IU.

Honestly, I have known that. Since it was mentioned I felt the need to bring it up. Shittu is far from a lock for Vandy like people think. His UNC visit will change things as well as what USPS said. He will likely get other suitors and sign in Spring. Playing close to home is big for him but so is winning. With just him they are behind UK, Florida, LSU, Bama maybe, and Texas A&M. In the SEC. 

That UNC visit for Shittu is next Friday. Are we thinking Darius waits right up until November 14? I know that’s been said but I’m always skeptical of what recruits and their parents say. It’s the equivalent of coach speak to me

If he wants to announce ON November 14th, I'd be very scared and nearly 100% sure it will be Vandy.  I can see him doing something like  Yogi did when he announced going to IU in front of his crowd and they went crazy.  If he commits BEFORE November 14th, I'll feel much better that it goes in our favor...

2 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

If he wants to announce ON November 14th, I'd be very scared and nearly 100% sure it will be Vandy.  I can see him doing something like  Yogi did when he announced going to IU in front of his crowd and they went crazy.  If he commits BEFORE November 14th, I'll feel much better that it goes in our favor...

I’m thinking he commits next week

The Garland comment about hoping Vandy gets Shittu and Langford was misquoted. He was actually summarizing each of the coaches’ pitches/angles on why he should attend each. He himself wasn’t hoping for Shittu to commit.

9 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That UNC visit for Shittu is next Friday. Are we thinking Darius waits right up until November 14? I know that’s been said but I’m always skeptical of what recruits and their parents say. It’s the equivalent of coach speak to me

No way. Shittu won't have a read on things by then. If he does it will probably mean it is UNC for him. I expect Vandy to be in it with him till the end, but I have thought Shittu waits till Spring which wouldn't be good news for Vandy. Now if for some reason he cancels that UNC visit well it is a wrap but the odds of that happening are less than 10%. Vandy could very well end up with Garland but the chances of all 3 aren't that high IMO which ruins the appeal which is right up there w playing close to home for Darius. I expect a Sunday-Thursday timeframe for him.