Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DChoosier

Old guy question

I was at IU prior to the existence of the BTT and have a question.

How much do the younger posters care about the BT tourney?
Do not get me wrong, I want IU to win every game they play but that being said:
*the conference title means a lot more to me because it involves home and road games over many weeks.
*I am on edge when we have a chance to win the regular season title but the BTT does not do it for me.
* if we lose a chance to win the BT regular season title I am very bummed but if we do not make the BT tourney final my first thought is "at least we will have fresh legs for the tourney"

I get the excitement of the BTT if we need wins to get into the tourney but beside that...?

I was at IU prior to the existence of the BTT and have a question.

How much do the younger posters care about the BT tourney?
Do not get me wrong, I want IU to win every game they play but that being said:
*the conference title means a lot more to me because it involves home and road games over many weeks.
*I am on edge when we have a chance to win the regular season title but the BTT does not do it for me.
* if we lose a chance to win the BT regular season title I am very bummed but if we do not make the BT tourney final my first thought is "at least we will have fresh legs for the tourney"

I get the excitement of the BTT if we need wins to get into the tourney but beside that...?

For me personally (as a younger poster) I don't care much, if at all. Sure, would be nice to win it but with our injuries lately and guys playing more minutes than normal, the extra rest would be beneficial.

I'm 22. And I personally find all conference tourneys to be a joke... but not for the tourney itself.. but because it is a lock to get into the NCAA tourney if you win it. And that's more of a thing about respect towards the teams in 1 bid conferences.

I'm kind of torn on this.  I have been an IU fan long before the BTT as well.  As long as we win the games we should, I'm good.  I don't want to lose all momentum in the BTT but I don't like the extra risk for injury (VJIII) in a tourney that doesn't mean a ton.  I would like to see them win a few games and stay healthy and get some rest for the big dance.

Conference tournaments are a money grab.  That's it.  There is no other purpose for them other than a narrative that says it gives teams a chance to make the NCAA Tournament.  While that's true, I'd be willing to bet conference tournaments - in their history - have launched less than 40 total teams that wouldn't have otherwise made it; and then had any modicum of success once they got there.

It would be great to avenge some losses against PSU and MSU.

The way the bracket falls right now, that could happen.

MSU would be a good prep for the dance.

We defnitely have to beat PSU though.

I am more concerned with the NCAA field than the B1G field.

A BTT tournament title would be nice given our season, but I don't want it to jeapordize past that.

30 (ugh) and the only reason I care about the conference tournament is because winning it is a huge indication of whether a team will win the NCAA Tournament.  There used to be a site that compiled all the biggest indicators of tournament success but I'm having trouble finding it at the moment.  I just remember winning your conference tournament being one of them.  

30 (ugh) and the only reason I care about the conference tournament is because winning it is a huge indication of whether a team will win the NCAA Tournament.  There used to be a site that compiled all the biggest indicators of tournament success but I'm having trouble finding it at the moment.  I just remember winning your conference tournament being one of them.

Hey 30(ugh).

Wait until you are 40...you will think 30 was very young.

Wait until you are 50...you will think you were young at 40
Etc. Etc. :)