Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016 April Evaluation Period

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Fellas, I am reporting the posts that describe issues.  We aren't going to remember all of this the next time 41 goes to work on this.  You know that.  We know that.  CCG knows that. 

The apps problem should be the least of your worries right now. Someone got sold a brand new vehicle with a nice paint job that stalls every 5 minutes. 

I don't post this because IU is in a good spot here or anything. This kid is just ridiculously good so it's more admiration than anything.

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10

Tyger Campbell could fall out of bed and give you 5 or 6 assists. Running with Spiece, ideal, heady floor general in 2019

54 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Will you guys be doing a recap on where you think IU stands after this recruiting period is over? Then again in July?

tons of names being mentioned. Hard to keep it all straight. If a guy wanted to keep an eye out for key guys who would we be looking at?

I got you

On 4/27/2016 at 11:12 AM, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

That is very odd!! I don't have to do that ever lol, so I get the hassle. Is there something in my settings I can change? Seems like a very annoying problem, so if I can fix it I gladly will. :(

If I had to guess, it's because your username has the apostrophe in it.

The apps problem should be the least of your worries right now. Someone got sold a brand new vehicle with a nice paint job that stalls every 5 minutes. 

I am not really partial to just apps. I think you of all people know what we are up against. That's why we are just creating reports to just put it on a platter when he comes back. Personally I think it's shitty to roll out a massive upgrade and dip. Everybody has their reasons why they do things the way they do. I guess.

2016 Circle City Hoopfest

05/14/2016, 11:45pm EDT
By Darnell "Tate" Johnsona

Langford, Wilkes and Williams stand-out

The Circle City Hoop Fest had its share of Division 1 talent, but the three players that stood out the most were concensus top 30 players 2017 6'8 Kris Wilkes, 2017 7' Malik Williams  and 2018 6"5 Romeo Langford. Wilkes game keeps developing, his jumper looks better and his handles has improved. All that being said, he's still not close to reaching his full potential. 

Not much to say about Williams that hasn't already been said, I see no major weakness in the kid. He's tough as nails and one of the most skilled big men in the glass. My perception of him definitely didn't change today. He started and finished the break, he punished on the glass and knocked down the three ball. He may not play on a sponsored team, but with him on the team, there almost always in the game. Now Romeo Langford is a stud. This kid came out of nowhere last year, by attending the John Lucas Midwest Invitational and got in as a favor to former Northwestern star Dion Lee, to leaving as a top 10 player in the camp. He was skilled the first time I watched him and that hasn't changed. Now it's all about his confidence, he feels he's the best player on the court and plays like. He's playing here like a man against boys.

Other standout players were Wilkes teammates 2017's 6'3 Paul Scruggs & 6'5 Jalen Adaway. The country knows how good Paul is that's not in question. I just like how the way he controls the game has gotten better. Today he looked more to get his teammates involved and picked  spots to take over and get his. His pace of the game has gotten way better. He's starting to turn into a real point guard. Now Adaway was the surprise to me. He crazy athletic and now he showed me he can knock down the 3 ball. He stays aggressive on both ends. He is the glue guy for their team. He has quite of few mid major offers but some of those 2nd tier D1 better wake up.

Some of the younger kids that put in work today was 2019 6"8 Keion Brooks, 2018 5'9 Antwan Cushingberry, 2018 6'6 Kevin Easley, 2019 6'10 Francis Okoro, 2018 6'4 Mikel Dawson and 2019 6'10 John Mulloy.

2019 6'8 Keion Brooks (Indy Hoosier 2017/2019) might have been the most impressive prospect of the day for me. He played 17U & 15U and was productive in both. In his age bracket he's totally dominant. He's very versatile and skilled. He plays under control and with much confidence, but what intrigued me the most he's 6'8 and by the way he runs looks like he's still growing and that could be scary. I love this kids upside.

2018 5'9 Antwan Cushingberry (G3 Rising Stars 2018)may not be a high major prospect, but he was one of the toughest kid's of the day and is a born leader. He's everything you want from your PG. He controlled the tempo of the game. He got everyone involved and against Hoopdreams one of the top 16u teams in the country put his stamp on the game on both ends. He made big shots and plays when Hoopdreams try to make a run and totally dominated the opposing PG.

2018 6'6 Kevin Easley (G3 Rising Stars) is as smooth as the come. He just plays in the flow of the game. Some call him a tweener, but what I saw from him, is he's a baller. He can play in the post and he has a sweet stroke from three. He may not be a great athlete but he makes plays. He's a stat stuffer. I hope coaches  don't over think it on this fella.

2019 6'10 Francis Okoro (St Louis Eagles 2018) is always a hard watch for me. I been watching him for three years now and I expect so much of him and that's not fair. He's been improving every and it showed it spurts today. His footwork getting better and he has a better feel around the basket now. His understanding how to play off his teammates now and to finesse at times then trying to be a bully. He still has along way to go, but today he proved to me his stock still rising and he's an interesting prospect.

2018 6'4 Mikel Dawson (Hoopdreams) was by far Hoopdreams best and most consistent player today. He scored 26 in the lost to the G3 Rising Stars and was the only reason they stayed close in the game. He may not be the one getting highly recruited on that team, but if that doesn't change there something wrong. You can't teach his energy and physicality.

2019 6'10 John Mulloy (Indy Hoosiers 2019) is a perfect compliment to Keion on the Hoosiers 2019 front line. He has very good post moves for his age. He showed me today he can knock down the three and score inside with either hand. To top all this off he's physical and tough as nails. This front line can be scary in two years