Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016-2017 Indiana Basketball

There has been much discussion on the forum about this, both recently and earlier. Yes, it seems he will graduate. The consensus is he will likely opt to get paid somewhere.

I know it's not about exposure or playing time, but I think he would personally benefit from a coach that would be on him hard about fundamentals.

On the other hand I really want him back here next year.

I was at the Maryland game with a buddy of mine who lives in Indy and we were discussing next year's team and who will be back/who won't be/etc. He told me that someone who has a connection to the Blackmon family told him that if CTC is at IU next year, Blackmon won't be there. Please take this for what it is - I'm sure a lot of BS gets said that isn't true or is blown way out of proportion but wanted to put that out there as I thought it was interesting.

I tried to watch Blackmon a little bit during the game and his body language/enthusiasm isn't great. I'm sure he's bummed about watching the team do so well and not being an integral part of it but ideally someone like that is showing that enthusiasm for his teammates, especially given that they are doing so well (i.e. Rojo since he's been out). His ego has probably taken a blow too since it has been publicly stated so many times that IU has been "better without him" and maybe that makes him feel distanced from everything. We all know he's not regarded as a team-first type dude.

Again, this is maybe speculation at best but I've had this gut-feeling he's weighing options and what my buddy told me makes me wonder even more. I'd love to have him sniping next year from deep with our front line.

I was at the Maryland game with a buddy of mine who lives in Indy and we were discussing next year's team and who will be back/who won't be/etc. He told me that someone who has a connection to the Blackmon family told him that if CTC is at IU next year, Blackmon won't be there. Please take this for what it is - I'm sure a lot of BS gets said that isn't true or is blown way out of proportion but wanted to put that out there as I thought it was interesting.

I tried to watch Blackmon a little bit during the game and his body language/enthusiasm isn't great. I'm sure he's bummed about watching the team do so well and not being an integral part of it but ideally someone like that is showing that enthusiasm for his teammates, especially given that they are doing so well (i.e. Rojo since he's been out). His ego has probably taken a blow too since it has been publicly stated so many times that IU has been "better without him" and maybe that makes him feel distanced from everything. We all know he's not regarded as a team-first type dude.

Again, this is maybe speculation at best but I've had this gut-feeling he's weighing options and what my buddy told me makes me wonder even more. I'd love to have him sniping next year from deep with our front line.

Not discounting what your buddy says, who knows about that. But body language-wise, he is literally one of the least excitable people in history. I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

That rumor is going around Marion as well.  But we all know how rumors work with the Blackmon family.

I agree with Mad, where would he go and sit another season?  He will be back at IU.  He has to understand that this is a new day and age of IU.  This model is successful and will not be broken. 

Besides the obvious issue of Blackmon having to sit out another year if he leaves, this move would just crush this kid's image.  And for someone looking for a pro contract, that is something he will have to think about.  But can you imagine a team improving as much as we did this year after his injury, winning the Big Ten, and then him up and leaving because he doesn't think the coach is good enough for him?  He will have a hard time shaking the "uncoachable" label.  Not a problem to transfer as some college coach will take a swing at him for the offensive prowess, but will definitely hang over him at draft time.  And with a limited skill set, he needs all the help at draft time he can get.

No insider information, but based on his past comments regarding the NBA, any move that will increase the amount of time he has to spend in college before going to the league has about a 0% chance of happening. He currently is not listed on either the 2016 or 2017 Draft Express boards. He needs a big year next year, and with plenty of space in the backcourt at Indiana with an experienced team and talented front court, I can't imagine a scenario where he'd leave. Even if he DESPISED Crean, he'd be a fool to leave.

Not discounting what your buddy says, who knows about that. But body language-wise, he is literally one of the least excitable people in history. I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

And should we land Robert Phinisee, his demeanor is just like JBJ.  No emotion, no excitability on the court; just plays a helluva game.

And should we land Robert Phinisee, his demeanor is just like JBJ.  No emotion, no excitability on the court; just plays a helluva game.

I mean OG is the same way really. I think the concerns have less to do with how your personality is and more to do with the effort you give. 

I wonder if JBJ is damaged goods as far as the NBA with his knee issues. Which I hate for him. Honestly if he can't/won't play defense I'm perfectly fine with him transferring.

Shooting is gold in the NBA nowadays. If he comes back and shoots well next year, he will still have a shot in the NBA