Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoosiers of IU

Next year's starting 5.

I'm guessing Oladipo and Zeller leave, and of course Watford, Hulls, and Elston will graduate.

You've got Vonleh, Williams, Robinson, Davis, Fischer, and Hartman coming in. I know it's WAYYYYY too early, but who's your statring 5?

I've got:

PG - Yogi

SG - Hollowell/Abell

SF - Sheehey

PF - Vonleh

PF/C - Hanner/Fischer

There are going to be some serious position battles next season, and I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Williams or Stan Robinson crack the starting lineup at some point.. I'm projecting Hanner as the starter based on the development I think he will make over the summer, hopefully, and the SG and SF positions will be interchangable in my opinion.. I like the size advantge IU should have on the wings.

What say ye?

So sounds like everyone is expecting Mr. Creek to be done after this season as well? Tough ride for a kid that had a lot of potential. Can't imagine what his career would have been like without the injuries.

So sounds like everyone is expecting Mr. Creek to be done after this season as well? Tough ride for a kid that had a lot of potential. Can't imagine what his career would have been like without the injuries.

I would love to see Creek back. But even if he is, he just doesn't look like the same guy we saw his freshman year.. He looks slower and seems to move more gingerly around the court. It's a shame. Probably could have been a great player.

PG- Yogi

SG-Oladipo

SF-Sheehey

PF-Hollowell

C-Zeller

Some may think that is very optimistac but think about it. All of the Zeller boys stayed for all four years of college.  He is the best of all three but i really believe he will stay. And i have heard that oladipo worked with wade this offseason and was told that he should stay four years bc the NBA isnt going anywhere. As good as he is this year if he stays for senior year he would a lock for the top pick.  I really believe they both will be back to hang banner 7

I personally think that Crean should redshirt Perea. He could be a huge asset to the tema in two years when he becomes more developed. My start 5 is:

Pg-yogi

Sg- Remy

Sf- hollowell

Sf- Troy Williams

Pf/C- Vonleh

If ZellAdiPOY is back

PG - Yogi

SG - OladiPOY

SF - Sheehey

PF - Vonleh

C - Zeller

If ZellAdiPOY is gone

PG - Yogi

SG - Sheehey

SF - Hollowell

PF - Vonleh

C - Fischer

If Zeller stays but OladiPOY leaves

PG - Yogi

SG - Sheehey

SF - Hollowell

PF - Vonleh

C - Zeller

If Zeller leaves but OladiPOY stays

PG - Yogi

SG - OladiPOY

SF - Sheehey

PF - Vonleh

C - Fischer

If Zeller and Oladipo stay, where would the new class be able to fit? 3 seniors leaving, counting on Zeller and Oladipo going pro, and either Creek or Etherington deciding to move on. If Zeller or Oladipo say, someone else has to leave or give up the scholarship.

Pg:Yogi

Sg: Sheehey

Sf:hollowell

Pf: vonleh

C: Zeller

I feel like unless Zeller finishes out the season with numbers higher than Plumlee's, I do not think he is ready for NBA. I also do not feel comfortable with remy as a starter. He has not proved anything. I think the only established starter besides Zeller if he returns is Yogi, and probably sheehey. Maybe we will start laying with a bigger lineup, like 2 guards and 3 bigs if our bigs can shoot the trey ball.

I can see maybe zeller giving his scholarship up bc he can get an academic one. I feel as if there will be a transfer and possibly someone going to prep school

3.4 isn't that good of a GPA at the business school. They don't just give out academic scholarships for little above a B+ average. Think I had a 3.89 from Kelley and they didn't offer me anything. He's gone.

Some great combinations mentioned. All depends on Vic and Cody. We will know more in a couple of months. I would be shocked if Vic doesn't go pro, his stock will never be higher. I could see Cody coming back, sure hope he does. Either way we will have a good team that will get better as the year goes on.

I agree. I see Remy coming off the bench his 4 years with IU. Others have too much upside. If Vic and Cody leave, I could see Yogi, Jeremy, Will, Noah, and Luke starting. Troy Williams should be in the mix as well.

Assuming CZ & Vic are gone (I feel virtually certain Vic will leave-not so sure about Cody):

1) Yogi

2) Stan R

3) Sheehey

4) Vonleh

5) Big Luke

No chance of Remy as he has seriously regressed this year. And if anyone thinks HP is suddenly going to learn to catch, shoot & defend-well, you are looking at someone I haven't seen. A crying shame about Mo, because he may very well have been the top freshman in America before he got hurt. Unfortunately, his athleticism is gone forever. I applaud his courage and effort. Hopefully Hollowell works his rear off between now and November. I have been massively disappointed in his production over the past 2 months, and he may find himself buried behind more talented freshmen.

IF Cody returns, we are once again a top 10 team. Without him---let's just say it will be interesting to see how the team develops.

Vic will graduate at the end of the year, possibly # 1 pick in the draft, and understandably not want to risk injury playing another year....hard to see him not leaving. Zeller would be a lottery pick if he came out but I see him staying. He needs to add another 10-15 lbs this summer and I think he wants to graduate.

My 5 - Zeller, Sheehey, Yogi, Vonleh, Hollowell 

I can see maybe zeller giving his scholarship up bc he can get an academic one. I feel as if there will be a transfer and possibly someone going to prep school

Plus, his parents are wealthy and he has a brother making millions in the NBA. I still don't think he's coming back.

I think Zeller will have to show more on a national stage in the tourney for him to go in the top 5 this year ( and thus come out)...............if he does show his ability, I could see him leaving.......if not, I see him staying to earn his degree........

Maybe it's just me but I don't see Remy as a starter, unless he is a gym rat and puts in the work. I could be wrong. Only time will tell I guess.

I agree and have been a little disappointed this year with Remy. Although I think it could be part the coaching's fault for not improving as much from last year. In my opinion the coaching staff wants Remy to be a point guard and as of right now that's just not what he can bring. He should be coming in giving us great hustle (not that he's not hustling) and needs to be playing great defense like he did against Ohio State on New Year's last year.