Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

incrediboy

What About RoJo?

Let RoJo rest until the B1G tourney. I rather have him in more important games. Not saying these next 3 aren't important but Post Season > Regular Season at this point. 

Idk man, we could really improve our seeding/chances of succeeding in the NCAA Tournament with a strong finish to the season. Let's just hope he's healthy...

We should be able to win at Illinois without him, Iowa should probably end up a loss, but I think we'll need him for Maryland.

I respect your opinion and your posts, but I disagree by a wide margin.

At IU, we have banners for National Championships, Final Fours and Big Ten Championships (not counting the NIT banner which actually meant something back in 1979, etc.) We are just three games away from winning the Big Ten and adding that "2016" on the Big Ten Championship banner. Right there for the taking. That means this team will always be revered, should they do it. And they are very close to doing so. It is well within reach. Probability is relatively high that IU claims a share of the Big Ten.

That same probability does not exist for the postseason. Of course, the tournament looks to be wide open this season and there are probably over two dozen teams (we're probably one of them) who could get hot and win it all. And I'd love nothing more than to see the Hoosiers get to the Final Four or hang that sixth national championship banner. But the probability of that happening isn't great. Could it happen? Of course. But it is it likely? Not very. And if we don't get to the Final Four, we don't add to our banner. We don't do Sweet 16 participant banners.

However, our likelihood of obtaining the Big Ten crown could be deemed as "somewhat likely" or "definitely possible." And winning the Big Ten is very, very special. That means success over a two month period in one of the best basketball conferences in America. It's worthy of a ring. We'll add to a banner. Recruits will see recent success. So will fans. Plus, I believe if they do that, there will be plenty of momentum for them to ride into the Big Dance.

What I'm saying is... if RoJo feels like he can go, he should go. even if he's only 70% or so. These next three games can cement the 2016 team in the legacy of championship basketball teams at IU. They are very, very important. This isn't a time to sit him out "for good measure." (Not saying that's what you're saying JTreesh. Just stating my opinion that I disagree with you as to how important the next three games are.)

The next three games aren't nearly as important as the ncaa tournament. Him being healthy for that will allow us the best chance there, which is the only part of the season that can redeem Crean. For instance, suppose we win the big ten title outright but lose in the round of 32: very displeased with this season. Suppose we go to elite eight. Well, then I would be content, because it would be the best tom crean has done yet.

The next three games aren't nearly as important as the ncaa tournament. Him being healthy for that will allow us the best chance there, which is the only part of the season that can redeem Crean. For instance, suppose we win the big ten title outright but lose in the round of 32: very displeased with this season. Suppose we go to elite eight. Well, then I would be content, because it would be the best tom crean has done yet.

I mean, they're both pretty important.

Tim is 100% right about the banners. Winning the conference is a big deal and should be a big deal to these kids. Especially, when it isn't a matter of "Well, if we win the next 9 games..." and instead it's "if we win 2 of the next 3" and Rojo does not have to play until March. After the 8th, he can take another 10 days of rest if he needs to.

Obviously, if he can't play then he can't play, but if it's a matter of us getting 75% of Rojo or getting 0%, we are better with 75% during the final two games. And, if he's still at 75%, then I'd prefer he sits the Big Ten Tourney in preparation for the Tourney to keep recharging. Winning the season title is more meaningful than the BTT.

Then yeah, it's best for all of us if we can kick some butt in the Tourney, but resting Rojo for a solid month to hopefully make it to the Sweet Sixteen when he feels and the training staff feels he is capable of playing next week just isn't necessary.

I can't think of any reason Rojo would be cleared to play next Tuesday and should stay on the bench unless his play is detrimental to the team.

Sooo...whats the starting lineup look like?

I'd say go Yogi, Hartman, Williams, Bryant, and then leave the last spot up between OG and Z3 depending on who we matchup with and how the did in practice.  Troy and Niego really need to protect the ball when Yogi gets his rest. 

Since you can't read that on mobile, I considered making a joke like "Doctors said they couldn't save the leg #justfuzzmyshoeup" but man, Romans 8:28 has me bummin' enough.

The tweet reads "Romans 8:28. Encouraged."

28 Furthermore, we know that G-D causes everything to work together for the good of those who love G-D and are called in accordance with HIS purpose."

For those who are not familiar with the New Testament, the verse is an encouragement to those who are suffering through trials. It says HE will use these trials for good, for purposes in line with HIS will. The two proceeding verses read "26 Similarly, the SPIRIT helps us in our weakness; for we don't know how to pray the way we should. But the SPIRIT HIMSELF pleads on our behalf with groanings too deep for words; 27 and the one who searches hearts knows exactly what the SPIRIT is thinking, because HIS pleadings for G-D's people accord with G-D's will. "

It's an encouraging verse for those who are having a really hard time of things. From a pure basketball perspective, I would say it's not particularly good news.

I mean, or Rojo is a huge Calvinist. That whole section of verses are the backbone of Calvinism's five points.