Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

EAT THAT PURDUE OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD!!

As is often the case this year, we come out with a win, and none of us is quite sure how we should feel about it afterwards. It's a bit like watching your mother-in-law drive your new Cadillac off the edge of a cliff, whereupon impact, it bursts in to flames, killing and destroying everything. I guess there's good and bad in everything.

Most of us are happy for the win, to be sure, but the same flaws continue to rear their ugly head at the damnedest times, (mental errors, really), and it leaves you wondering if/when they'll ever "get it".

I thought the refereeing was atrocious. It seems that any time Ted Valentine is in charge, you can count on two things.

1.) An abundance of fouls, most of which leave you shaking your head

2.) No consistency. How many steps are allowed in basketball these days? Either the number has risen to five, or Ted can no longer count.

As is often the case this year, we come out with a win, and none of us is quite sure how we should feel about it afterwards. It's a bit like watching your mother-in-law drive your new Cadillac off the edge of a cliff, whereupon impact, it bursts in to flames, killing and destroying everything. I guess there's good and bad in everything.

Most of us are happy for the win, to be sure, but the same flaws continue to rear their ugly head at the damnedest times, (mental errors, really), and it leaves you wondering if/when they'll ever "get it".

I thought the refereeing was atrocious. It seems that any time Ted Valentine is in charge, you can count on two things.

1.) An abundance of fouls, most of which leaves you shaking your head

2.) No consistency. How many steps are allowed in basketball these days? Either the number has risen to five, or Ted can no longer count.

Valentine sucks, always has, always will. I guess I can at least say he wasn't solely biased against IU this game. Way too many fouls throughout the game, missed some travels on both sides, especially that OG one near the end that was extremely obvious. And then he pauses the game for 30 seconds for his special time to yell at a coach. Smh guy is a cancer to the game of basketball. 

Valentine sucks, always has, always will. I guess I can at least say he wasn't solely biased against IU this game. Way too many fouls throughout the game, missed some travels on both sides, especially that OG one near the end that was extremely obvious. And then he pauses the game for 30 seconds for his special time to yell at a coach. Smh guy is a cancer to the game of basketball. 

Yeah I can't imagine many coaches like him.  Always though coaches should be allowed to pick 1 ref that they don't have to deal with each year.  Feel like Valentine would be out of a job. 

Dakich once made fun of him and said he always stops a game at some point to get everyone in the building to look at him. 

I am unsure if the rule still exists, but a school used to be able to request to not have a particular referee. The B1G would then take it into consideration.

Can't possibly still exist.  That or they just ignored everybody.  Because as I said Valentine would be out of a job

I am unsure if the rule still exists, but a school used to be able to request to not have a particular referee. The B1G would then take it into consideration.

valentine actually got banned from doing big 10 games back in 1999 when he tossed knight after knight went on the court to check an injured player.

seriously. never hated someone as much as TV Teddy. A "cancer" isnt nearly a harsh enough insult for him, he literally ruins every game he refs. Gotta be some conspiracy as to why someone as awful at their job as him is still employed.

The goal tending call..

That was the correct call right? pu fans believe they were struck by the "Hall of Calls" on that one. When have you been able to practically move the rim on a shot attempt? That just seems like common sense to me...

Yeah you cannot touch the rim. That is a goaltend