Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Recommended Posts

I doubt Archie would allow that to happen. Not how you treat upperclassmen. 
There's been precedent. Maybe not with Archie but plenty of others. You seriously think if Romeo said he wanted a particular # that he'd tell him no? Maybe but I'm doubting it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

There's been precedent. Maybe not with Archie but plenty of others. You seriously think if Romeo said he wanted a particular # that he'd tell him no? Maybe but I'm doubting it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app
 

Romeo probably realized that it'd be douchey to come in and take someone else's number. It would've started things off on the wrong foot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

There's been precedent. Maybe not with Archie but plenty of others. You seriously think if Romeo said he wanted a particular # that he'd tell him no? Maybe but I'm doubting it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app
 

I'm telling you that I highly doubt it's an option. It's just simply not how you do things. No one comes before the team. That's something Mike Davis would allow Bracey Wright to do. You think Nick Saban let's FR come in and tell him what number they're going to be.. lol no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm telling you that I highly doubt it's an option. It's just simply not how you do things. No one comes before the team. That's something Mike Davis would allow Bracey Wright to do. You think Nick Saban let's FR come in and tell him what number they're going to be.. lol no
Maurice Creek took Matt Roth's # and he was nowhere near the same talent as Romeo. It really doesn't matter and not worth discussion beyond what has already transpired.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Maurice Creek took Matt Roth's # and he was nowhere near the same talent as Romeo. It really doesn't matter and not worth discussion beyond what has already transpired.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app
 

He took his number or Matt was willing to give it up?  Big difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, btownqb said:

He took his number or Matt was willing to give it up?  Big difference 

CWat is the one that took #2 from Roth. Matt wore #2 to honor a friend who had passed away I believe. His normal number was 30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was the Hoosier Reunion All-Star Classic at Knightstown.  Romeo was there but did not play but Doyel of the Indy Star had a conversation with him.  Also in the article are some comments on Robert Phinisee who did participate.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/06/01/doyel-romeo-and-phinisee-hoosiers-gym-whats-up-dean-tate/664371002/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting tidbit on Sean East, Romeo's teammate at New Albany and a player who had a pretty darn good senior season in his own right.  Also a young man who some time back was mentioned/rumored/discussed/thrown out as a possible walk-on for IU.

From Greg Mengelt of the News & Tribune -  Last I talked with him a couple weeks ago, it appeared he was leaning JUCO or prep school because of the lack of offers.

One never knows.  He could still end up at IU at a future date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting tidbit on Sean East, Romeo's teammate at New Albany and a player who had a pretty darn good senior season in his own right.  Also a young man who some time back was mentioned/rumored/discussed/thrown out as a possible walk-on for IU.

From Greg Mengelt of the News & Tribune -  Last I talked with him a couple weeks ago, it appeared he was leaning JUCO or prep school because of the lack of offers.

One never knows.  He could still end up at IU at a future date.

 

Wow, this kid shot well over 50% from 3 the last two seasons. I believe this year he had 160+ attempts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×