Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

26 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Ryan Taylor would immediately become our biggest target once this one wraps. I believe we'd take him and Romeo but realistically if we got one of them, our team has a LOT better outlook next year.

I want both really bad. This would be a ridiculous roster imo. 

Starters: Phinisee, Langford, Taylor, Morgan, Thompson?

Bench: Green, Durham, McRoberts, Hunter, Smith, Davis, Moore, Forrester, Anderson

The size and the length of that team could cause some serious issues for some teams. Now I know we'll have to wait and see if anyone transfers but that team could make a deep tourney run imo. Hopefully CAM can convince Romeo and Taylor of that as well. 

26 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I want both really bad. This would be a ridiculous roster imo. 

Starters: Phinisee, Langford, Taylor, Morgan, Thompson?

Bench: Green, Durham, McRoberts, Hunter, Smith, Davis, Moore, Forrester, Anderson

The size and the length of that team could cause some serious issues for some teams. Now I know we'll have to wait and see if anyone transfers but that team could make a deep tourney run imo. Hopefully CAM can convince Romeo and Taylor of that as well. 

And it would be another scholarship for 2019. Ryan Taylor, Juwan and McRoberts would be seniors. And that’s not including the possibility of Romeo being a one year player and transfers. Lot of good can come from Romeo and Ryan Taylor. Not just for next year either

13 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

National media guy talking crap about a high schooler. Classy
IMG_2630.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I cannot adequately explain in words how much I detest Jason Whitlock. I never liked him much, anyway, but my loathing for him reached new depths when a few years ago, he claimed in a column that he was the most important person in sports journalism. 

4 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

After last night, Romeo talked with a few people about his high school career, but my understanding is he didn't want to discuss his recruitment. Sounds like the family wants to take a few days to gather themselves and will start locking in on wrapping this thing up. Rumor is he would like to visit IU after next weekend. The McDonalds game sounds like it'll be a release of sorts for him. Also would probably narrow his announcement to a New Albany or through ESPN kind of like how James Blackmon did it appears. Archie has done a great job and regardless deserves credit for how close he has gotten to landing Romeo. I get when there isn't news, theories are the only thing people can hold onto, but let's not go crazy with it. Everyone has the right to assumptions heck we all do it, but also remember it's his choice not ours. If he chooses Vandy or KU it's time to move on. It'll sting if we lose him and it will be awesome if we get him. It should be that simple. 

Non related, but I also want to give Alex Bozich a shout out for his tweet and when it completely backfired he didn't delete it. That is rare lol.

Alex Bozich is an embarrassment of an IU fan. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Alex Bozich is an embarrassment of an IU fan. 

He is not even a fan. He has been bragging big about that in all the regional business rags lately for some reason. I would not be surprised to see that site sold in the near future. Or some kinda big change soon. He is up to something. Not sure what tho yet.

2 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

He is not even a fan. He has been bragging big about that in all the regional business rags lately for some reason. I would not be surprised to see that site sold in the near future. Or some kinda big change soon. He is up to something. Not sure what tho yet.

I want to like that site so much because it has some great content, but he makes it really hard with nearly every opinion that comes out of his mouth/fingers. 

13 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I want to like that site so much because it has some great content, but he makes it really hard with nearly every opinion that comes out of his mouth/fingers. 

Some things there just really rub me the wrong way, like right in the middle of that grueling stretch of the schedule when IU was playing a game every few days the site went two full days without a story from any of their writers. I mentioned that in a comment there, and got banned immediately, right after the comment section yes boys there shouted me down for pointing it out. That is too frail.

I like the fact he (Bozich) is willing to have an opinion.

Call things as you see them and some will like you and some will hate you.

The tweet regarding Romeo over Warren Central was very poorly timed and probably best not made at all considering we are referencing kids.

I think in this day and age with sports as crazy as they are. HS players should be off limits for public shaming. Keep it all positive at that level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners