Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I guess I'm an outlier on this topic, but I think it's best if they stay in Bloomington.  Much more focused time for the 4 new freshmen to start getting adapted to Archie's style and become familiar with their new teammates.  You take a trip and there's time lost to travel and obligatory sightseeing.  Yes, they'll have games against a true opponent but to me that doesn't outweigh what I think are greater benefits by staying home.  

I'm gonna guess No. 2 ... He wore No. 1 at New Albany (which is taken by Durham) and No. 22 during his AAU days (which is taken by Moore). ... So he can grab No. 2. And by doing so, what better way to pay homage to Josh Newkirk? LOL! 

I was thinking the same thing, except the Newkirk part but now that you bring it up it makes a ton of sense!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I guess I'm an outlier on this topic, but I think it's best if they stay in Bloomington.  Much more focused time for the 4 new freshmen to start getting adapted to Archie's style and become familiar with their new teammates.  You take a trip and there's time lost to travel and obligatory sightseeing.  Yes, they'll have games against a true opponent but to me that doesn't outweigh what I think are greater benefits by staying home.  

I’m not arguing they should take an international trip, but they are permitted much more coaching time for such trips per NCAA rules.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:40 PM, LamarCheeks said:

I'm gonna guess No. 2 ... He wore No. 1 at New Albany (which is taken by Durham) and No. 22 during his AAU days (which is taken by Moore). ... So he can grab No. 2. And by doing so, what better way to pay homage to Josh Newkirk? LOL! 

Could Durham or Moore switch numbers to let him have one of his his. I know in like the NFL and NBA, players have given up their numbers so other players could keep theirs if they come to a new team. Not saying they should or would or if Romeo would even ask, but is that stuff allowed in NCAA. 

May 16 is the last day recruits can sign a NLI for this cycle.  I wouldn’t worry about it until it reaches that date.   Keep in mind recruits don’t even have to sign a NLI.   They can just sign  financial aid papers 

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

Could Durham or Moore switch numbers to let him have one of his his. I know in like the NFL and NBA, players have given up their numbers so other players could keep theirs if they come to a new team. Not saying they should or would or if Romeo would even ask, but is that stuff allowed in NCAA. 

Of course you can change numbers between seasons; though you probably can't give a teammate a Rolex or a new car like they do in the pros. Quentin Taylor wore #22 the 2 years before Clifton Moore came aboard and switched last year.

Well, he's re-tweeting IU stuff so he isn't wavering. Lol. IU has to do a bunch of paperwork and he has to sign a whole financial aid package. A lot of Is and Ts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Not worried in the slightest. Should have clarified. Just odd to me because Tim Langford said a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, HoosierDribbler said:

At the announcement his voice sounded emotional when he said Indiana University and he wiped his eye. That sounds like someone who is pretty proud to be a Hoosier. We are going to love having this young man.

Plus, this is a kid who never showed emotion no matter what was going, but once he put that IU hat on, you couldn’t wipe that smile off his face.