Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Angel is the new tonto!

This is exactly what I say in our message boards. No real insider tries so hard to get people to believe him. They would (maybe) state their info here and leave it at that.

An6el is either trolling or trying to create a 'following'. There's a few pathetic posters like this on rivals IN site.

To be fair, he has nailed like 4 ku recruitments in a row. So he either has a legit source, or he is just making educated guesses and hitting

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Nothin like some light reading at work on a boring Friday.

He may still be hearing from Garland - and there is no doubt a part of him wanted to come here. But I would not bet on him coming here. The good news is: we are talented at guard already (I know Langford is a unique and game-changing player) and we will survive if he goes elsewhere.

I do hope Finke is still available when we get the news. I follow Illini basketball a little (my dad graduated from Champaign) and he would help us.

With Langford, next year's team would be formidable. Without him, I still think there are enough pieces to be pretty dangerous. Langford has been all over the country due to his basketball prowess - while there is no place like home, if you are only playing for one year, I am not sure I would advise him to stay home. I know I didn't. But my hometown didn't care when I left. If he chooses to "see the world" I like our chances versus Kansas.

He may still be hearing from Garland - and there is no doubt a part of him wanted to come here. But I would not bet on him coming here. The good news is: we are talented at guard already (I know Langford is a unique and game-changing player) and we will survive if he goes elsewhere.

I do hope Finke is still available when we get the news. I follow Illini basketball a little (my dad graduated from Champaign) and he would help us.

With Langford, next year's team would be formidable. Without him, I still think there are enough pieces to be pretty dangerous. Langford has been all over the country due to his basketball prowess - while there is no place like home, if you are only playing for one year, I am not sure I would advise him to stay home. I know I didn't. But my hometown didn't care when I left. If he chooses to "see the world" I like our chances versus Kansas.

chris007 your reassurance is needed again.. Please report to the message board...

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Where is this terrible quote from?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Vandy people don't seem to understand they will still be in the bottom half of the $EC lol.

I will 100% believe that we’re cursed if Romeo doesn’t come here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
You would be correct and I think Archie would agree as he has stopped recruiting grad transfers. To me Archie thinks he is coming imo.

It would not be pretty given most of us are very confident right now.

With as confident as our fanbase is right now, Romeo to Kansas or Vanderbilt would create an epic meltdown, I hope I don’t have to witness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

chris007 your reassurance is needed again.. Please report to the message board...

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think I’m going to ban myself from coming here until Monday at 7 pm, the amount of freak out without reason that’s starting to happen is unhealthy lol. Romeo is coming to IU, relax!

2 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

I think I’m going to ban myself from coming here until Monday at 7 pm, the amount of freak out without reason that’s starting to happen is unhealthy lol. Romeo is coming to IU, relax!

I don't people will relax until they hear IU come out of RoMeO's mouth.  And even then, they might still not believe it.

I don't people will relax until they hear IU come out of RoMeO's mouth.  And even then, they might still not believe it.
I think there are going to be alot more freakouts until Monday as the tontos of the world will contend Romeo is not going to iu.

Cute, naive, Vandy fan post of the day. And yes, the poster is judging Romeo Langford as having equal value to the legendary Michael Finke; former Illini man-bun, uber-slow forward who just committed to Grand Canyon State:

Re: Our last MBB scholarship

•  

Postby Dorewithaflare » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 am

If Romeo doesn't come. i would love to get the 6-10 guy from Ill. A fifth year senior that avg. almost 10 points a game last year would be just as good as a one year freshman.
Finke is joining his brother.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He signed to play with his brother

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Angel is the new tonto!

This is exactly what I say in our message boards. No real insider tries so hard to get people to believe him. They would (maybe) state their info here and leave it at that.

An6el is either trolling or trying to create a 'following'. There's a few pathetic posters like this on rivals IN site.

To be fair, he has nailed like 4 ku recruitments in a row. So he either has a legit source, or he is just making educated guesses and hitting

He also stated last November that Billy Preston was soon going to be declared eligible by the NCAA and play for the Jayhawks.  His eligibility was denied and he left Kansas in January to play overseas.

Also for the record, the 'source' he claims to have is 'someone that is connected to one of the coaches'.  So anything he is saying is a claim of "I heard someone who heard someone who heard from a recruit'.