Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Had a run in with a friend who is a big KU fan last night.  He is a huge hoops fan and follows KU religiously. As we watched our kids practice soccer, the conversation turned to hoops, etc.  I have never really brought up the Langford recruitment to him, but he decided to last night.  The conversation went like this:
Friend: "Hey, I see that we are both in on a pretty high level recruit that announces at the end of this month or something"
Me: "Yeah, really hoping for an IU pick on this one"
Friend: "I can't remember the kid's name, but sounds like he could be a pretty good addition to our already stacked class - not sure if he'll start or just be a good contributor off the bench, but could give KU another nice piece"
Me: "His name is Romeo Langford and he would not just be a nice piece, but a potential game changer for any program, but perhaps moreso for IU"
Friend: "I hear he is really leaning KU, so we'll see"
Me: "I don't know, man.   He is an Indiana kid that is announcing at his high school and making the announcement open to the public.  Seems like a KU pick would be a bit poorly received in that scenario"
Friend: "Huh, wasn't aware of any of that"
My point in sharing this is that it is amazing how different fan bases see this decision and how important and celebrated he would be if he chose IU versus being seen as 'another nice piece' at KU.

Ku fan “can’t remember his name” = knows nothing / has no sources

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Someone is a college BB fan and hasn't heard of Romeo Langford, yet? 

The impression that I have gotten from reading this and the many forums from other school is that he is just another 5*. They definitely don't have the love for Romeo that the state of Indiana has.

2 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Sorry if this has already been posted.  Can't wait to see him take his talent to an even higher level ... at IU!!

Man, it goes without saying at this point, but every part of his game seems so smooth and effortless. The dunks are nice and all, but that step back NBA range 3ball is just ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, thehelgo said:

Had a run in with a friend who is a big KU fan last night.  He is a huge hoops fan and follows KU religiously. As we watched our kids practice soccer, the conversation turned to hoops, etc.  I have never really brought up the Langford recruitment to him, but he decided to last night.  The conversation went like this:

Friend: "Hey, I see that we are both in on a pretty high level recruit that announces at the end of this month or something"

Me: "Yeah, really hoping for an IU pick on this one"

Friend: "I can't remember the kid's name, but sounds like he could be a pretty good addition to our already stacked class - not sure if he'll start or just be a good contributor off the bench, but could give KU another nice piece"

Me: "His name is Romeo Langford and he would not just be a nice piece, but a potential game changer for any program, but perhaps moreso for IU"

Friend: "I hear he is really leaning KU, so we'll see"

Me: "I don't know, man.   He is an Indiana kid that is announcing at his high school and making the announcement open to the public.  Seems like a KU pick would be a bit poorly received in that scenario"

Friend: "Huh, wasn't aware of any of that"

My point in sharing this is that it is amazing how different fan bases see this decision and how important and celebrated he would be if he chose IU versus being seen as 'another nice piece' at KU.

Can't remember his name, but hears he's really leaning KU. It's amazing how easily people can be brainwashed anymore.

One person on the Kansas board wrote "I heard Romeo is going to skype his decision." That was Tuesday evening and the poster hasn't said anything since. There are like 2 people on that site who think they're getting Romeo, and one of them is basically their board's version of Hoosier Guy.

One person on the Kansas board wrote "I heard Romeo is going to skype his decision." That was Tuesday evening and the poster hasn't said anything since. There are like 2 people on that site who think they're getting Romeo, and one of them is basically their board's version of Hoosier Guy.
There is only one Hoosier guy!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Reading all of the theories and panics on here is entertaining stuff.   I said when he changed the announcement I thought it was a good sign for IU because he's announcing the decision in front of people who almost universally want him to go to IU; and I still think that's right.     Just me reading tea leaves.  So many on here (a month or so ago) were dead set guaranteed that he was going to Vanderbilt and a couple have guaranteed Kansas along the way.   

I hope he goes to IU, but the reality is if he is a one and done, he will not play with a single new recruit who's not already in the fold.   He'll be gone when the class of 2019 gets here.  It'll be nice to have him and I love that he's another Indiana kid we're strong with.  But I'm not convinced his coming to IU would change anything except we'd get to watch him for a year.  We're in with lots of good players with or without him.

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Landing Romeo would help us with TJD. That is just a fact. Doesn’t matter that they likely wouldn’t play together.

I don't buy it.  I think we're in good shape with him regardless of whether or not Romeo chooses IU.  Recruits make decisions based on what's best for them, not on what other kids do.   I don't think that's "fact" at all.    

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

But I'm not convinced his coming to IU would change anything except we'd get to watch him for a year.  We're in with lots of good players with or without him.

I think it will help show that we're a player again for the state's top talent, and that going to IU is "cool" again -- if that makes sense. After Cody and Yogi, and later, Blackmon, the state's best players talent didn't seem to have any interest in B-Town. Crean suffered a huge disconnect, apparently, with the state's top high school coaches and players. ... To me, it would be a huge first step in showing that Archie's "inside-out" philosophy is going in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I think it will help show that we're a player again for the state's top talent, and that going to IU is "cool" again -- if that makes sense. After Cody and Yogi, and later, Blackmon, the state's best players talent didn't seem to have any interest in B-Town. Crean suffered a huge disconnect, apparently, with the state's top high school coaches and players. ... To me, it would be a huge first step in showing that Archie's "inside-out" philosophy is going in the right direction. 

We already got Phinisee and Anderson.   I think that step has already been taken.   

Landing Romeo would help us with TJD. That is just a fact. Doesn’t matter that they likely wouldn’t play together.

I don't buy it.  I think we're in good shape with him regardless of whether or not Romeo chooses IU.  Recruits make decisions based on what's best for them, not on what other kids do.   I don't think that's "fact" at all.    

Similar to the difference between correlation and causation, IMO. Will Romeos decision to attend IU (if, of course) cause TJD to commit, no. But to say it won’t have an impact on another top recruit trusting Archie, I think, is off base personally.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app