Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

With things settling down a bit today, I did some outside browsing and found a couple of amusing items:

1. Apparently, according to collective basketball expertise at Gold&Black, even with Romeo our ceiling next year will only be the s16 and we really don't have any kind of recruiting momentum.  This one really "got my dobber down", LOL.

2. A Vandy writer is genuinely concerned for Romeo's safety at his "announcement ceremony".  Because the UK fans have clued them in on how violent we become, selecting VU or KU might cause a riot and threaten Romeo's well-being.  LOLx2  https://www.anchorofgold.com/2018/4/12/17228558/anchor-drop-april-12-2018-romeo-langford-sets-announcement-date

Purdue fans have to be forgiven for not understanding how to get past the sweet sixteen. 

2 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

With things settling down a bit today, I did some outside browsing and found a couple of amusing items:

1. Apparently, according to collective basketball expertise at Gold&Black, even with Romeo our ceiling next year will only be the s16 and we really don't have any kind of recruiting momentum.  This one really "got my dobber down", LOL.

2. A Vandy writer is genuinely concerned for Romeo's safety at his "announcement ceremony".  Because the UK fans have clued them in on how violent we become, selecting VU or KU might cause a riot and threaten Romeo's well-being.  LOLx2  https://www.anchorofgold.com/2018/4/12/17228558/anchor-drop-april-12-2018-romeo-langford-sets-announcement-date

Yeah also they are comparing a 5 star lineman to a basketball icon in the state of Indiana. 

14 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

What a Purdue Person thing to say, who believes any pUKe fans?

18 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

They may be on to something with the #2 point.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a traveling mosh pit type scene carrying RoMeO all the way to Bloomington.   :92:

6 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Appears Brian Snow just now dropped in a Crystal Ball pick in favor of Indiana. It's hidden behind VIP and as I'm not a VIP I can't confirm, but the percentages say it's Indiana.

Always the last to pick IU, and the first to pick NOT IU.  NOT IU is his default.

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdue fans have to be forgiven for not understanding how to get past the sweet sixteen. 

Yup, likely a bit of 'projecting' going on with them.  Truth be told, even with Romeo, nothing is guaranteed as far as tourney success goes but the larger offense I took is the disregard for the rest of the team.

I think the best sign that we have our coach is when I saw someone post on that same thread that Archie underachieved last year and is the worst among the 3 (not sure if they meant VU, KU, and IU or the past 3 IU coaches).  The guy (a PU poster) that suggested we were in good shape with Brooks & TJD along with getting the 3 best players from Indiana for '18 was (predictably) then accused of being an IU fan.

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Plus doesn't pick often. Not really a guy that just follows all of Slater and Meyers picks. Is his own man 

I like what you say about Snow in comparison to Slater and Meyer, I just prefer to say he is more of the Evan Daniels yes-man tree.  But just always goes out of his way to pick NOT IU.  If he picks IU tho, because of that I am liking that pick even more than 007's IU pick. insert sheepish grin smiley.

Also on Gold&Black, a majority of them are saying they wouldn’t take Romeo because of his dad. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Hoosiers96 said:

Also on Gold&Black, a majority of them are saying they wouldn’t take Romeo because of his dad. LOL

And you can bet your bippy if Romeo were considering them, they'd all be slobbering on as much as we are :farting_smiley:

16 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Yup, likely a bit of 'projecting' going on with them.  Truth be told, even with Romeo, nothing is guaranteed as far as tourney success goes but the larger offense I took is the disregard for the rest of the team.

I think the best sign that we have our coach is when I saw someone post on that same thread that Archie underachieved last year and is the worst among the 3 (not sure if they meant VU, KU, and IU or the past 3 IU coaches).  The guy (a PU poster) that suggested we were in good shape with Brooks & TJD along with getting the 3 best players from Indiana for '18 was (predictably) then accused of being an IU fan.

Twin Degrees...that guy is the TeamworkOrange of Purdue message boards. Absolutely insane. I think his backstory is that he was an IU fan until Knight got fired and has actively hated IU ever since.

Seriously, those guys are sh*tting their pants at the thought of us getting TJD. Bending over backwards to try and convince themselves we don't have "serious recruiting momentum" to the point of questioning the fanhood of anyone who thinks we do. I think it's finally dawning on some of them that this past season was their last chance to make a run for awhile in addition to us not being very good.

Plus doesn't pick often. Not really a guy that just follows all of Slater and Meyers picks. Is his own man 

When 247 took over Scout basically since he is a national guy he was required to start making picks. At first he held out as long as he could before he had to start doing it.

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Twin Degrees...that guy is the TeamworkOrange of Purdue message boards. Absolutely insane. I think his backstory is that he was an IU fan until Knight got fired and has actively hated IU ever since.

Essentially correct.  He is a bitter, turd of a Knight apologist.  I believe he belonged to Gojko's Hoop Loops site.   His old handle was Ducati.  

McHoop

31 minutes ago, Hoosiers96 said:

Someone start a breaking news thread on G&B that CMP is visiting RL on Monday. They will love the Langford family.