Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Definitely not, it could be that Archie wanted another visit and he decided he didn't need another visit because he would have plenty of time with Archie over the next year.

Or...

It could be that he'll be playing for an Adidas school. Just not the Adidas school we want.

There are a million different ways you could spin this but the obvious to me is it's Kansas. Maybe he wants people to think this way so it's a surprise when he announces for IU in the NA gym.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Timing is odd, I'll give it that.  Entirely possible it's just a coincidence though.

I never expected him to go to IU.  I said Vandy, but Kansas would be easier to handle.  I just look at it as no visit vs no visit planned, and on top of that on this very board we had people saying by this point he should have all the information he needs.  The only thing really 'new' is that Kansas definitively has players leaving opening up room.

12 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

He is announcing at his high school gym, presumably with a lot of people in attendance. He also spoke pretty positively about Coach Schilling getting guys to the league. Both sound good for IU.

This. He knows those people will want him to go to IU. He’s had people chanting IU at so many high school gyms. He’s talked about how big basketball is in this state. I just don’t see him announcing for anyone but IU at his gym

Definitely not, it could be that Archie wanted another visit and he decided he didn't need another visit because he would have plenty of time with Archie over the next year.

Or...

It could be that he'll be playing for an Adidas school. Just not the Adidas school we want.

There are a million different ways you could spin this but the obvious to me is it's Kansas. Maybe he wants people to think this way so it's a surprise when he announces for IU in the NA gym.

They said they wanted to give iu the last chance with a visit. Now they aren't. I assume something will leak out soon. Where is coach SS today?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

They said they wanted to give iu the last chance with a visit. Now they aren't. I assume something will leak out soon. Where is coach SS today?

It was also reported that IU wanting another visit.  Based on what we have it comes down to no visit vs no visit planned, which isn't much of a difference.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Incorrect.  IU said they wanted the last chance to talk.  The Langford’s never seemed enthused about making another trip.  Take it how you will.

Just now, Jboser42 said:

Wherever Romeo goes, good for him. One recruit will never define Indiana Basketball and even though we’ve had some really good individual players over the years, the team was what won us those championships. A well coached, good shooting, defensive focused team. We’re back on track with rhthe coaching and thand defense, and I think the fundamentals will only continue to get better. No more Prillers or April’s taking scholarships, but specific recruits narrowed down to fit Archie’s vision and scheme. The future is looking as good as it has in a very long time, with or without Romeo.

Crean would never have been in Romeo's top 3. If he were still here we would have remained out of the race. Archie basically came in and had a year to build a relationship and put us in a position to get a heck of a player. Crean didn't make it easy for Arch either with the product left behind. I gotta give it to him whether we win this one or not. The future looks bright. 

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Kansas knew Vick and Newman were going pro well before it was announced. Romeo was aware as well. So the fact that it was announced is not new information for Romeo.

Newman was looking to jump before this season but knew he had no chance of getting picked. Also, hearing now that Vick had prepared for this as well once the season progressed. So in essence, Self knew and probably pitched this to RL a while back. Therefore, nothing new for Romeo and Co. 

Everyone wants to jump to conclusions about the timing and I get that. But it could also be conicidental and this was the plan all along which was no more visits. 

AK beat me to it. I see more positives for IU in this article than any other school. Coach Miller gets the best out of players and all three schools have positives in getting players to the league (Schilling, in our case). Group that with him announcing in his HS gym, I’m liking IU now. Might be too close to call, but him saying that there aren’t going to be any more visits doesn’t mean he’s not in contact with the coaches via phone/text.

Thing is boys, I’ve seen this interview before. The part about the different schools. Word for word actually. This is the exact interview he gave at the Burger game. Straight up word for word, not an ounce of deviance. Either the kid is giving canned speeches at this point or this article is not new at all.

I’ve said Kansas from the start and will stick with that but I don’t feel like the latest article suggests Kansas anymore than any other school.

Still hopeful for IU, I like the idea of him announcing in his gym. That doesn’t mean IU but he had a great chance to announce for KU at the McDonalds game with some of his buddies there and he didn’t do it