Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think us getting burned by DG and the crazy rise of Vandy recruiting has made it a bit personal and a bit of an obsession for many hear. Meanwhile Romeo has continued to say over and over that he wants to play with other great players. That one consistent comment fits Kansas the best

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I recall him saying the “other great players” bit.  It get mulled over by everyone for a week.  Then he was asked to interpret it and said “all players at the college level are great players”.

16 hours ago, BH33 said:

Hoosier Sports Nation. It was the old IU Scout board during the Davis/Sampson/early Crean years, too. 

Then I give it absolutely no credibility. Those guys over there have proven time and time again that they arent in the know.

6 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I look at it like this. If Romeo were going to Indiana or Vanderbilt, he would have committed already. Neither of the two have players with NBA decisions. Kansas not only has players with NBA decisions, but two at the spot where Romeo is playing. Newman and Vick have yet to decide. Seems obvious what he is waiting on. He can go to IU and Vandy and be on okay teams or go to Kansas and be favored to win a national title. 

Tim Langford has said the decision timetable would be in the spring.  He’s also said if Romeo knows sooner to make it be known.

In addition, Romeo said mid last year that he really wanted to watch the coaches since he wasn’t as familiar with some of them.  As the high school season progressed they mentioned the decision would come after the high school season was over in order not to distract from the state title run.  

This isn’t your typical recruit.  He’s very analytical.  He booted UNC because he didn’t like how Roy ran his practices.  I believe it got pushed back because he truly didn’t know at the beginning of March.  

35 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Laughable. 

Over the last year or so their insiders have been wrong a very large majority of the time. I'm not the only one in this thread that has said the same. I understand you post over there so I don't blame you for defending them.

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That is so off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

How so?

You have this habit of telling everyone they're wrong without ever backing up anything you say. That kind of stuff goes on in elementary school and the shtick has gotten old.

How so?

You have this habit of telling everyone they're wrong without ever backing up anything you say. That kind of stuff goes on in elementary school and the shtick has gotten old.

Quite honestly I don't care. When have they been wrong? The Donovan thing maybe.. but that guy wasn't exactly with us for any substantial time at all. I shouldn't have to name off all the times they've been right.. you didn't name off all the times they've been wrong.. please explain the difference.

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Over the last year or so their insiders have been wrong a very large majority of the time. I'm not the only one in this thread that has said the same. I understand you post over there so I don't blame you for defending them.

How so?

Yeah? I do that? News to me. If I tell someone they are wrong its because, well, they ARE wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I don't believe it goes that deep. He's going to want playing time where he goes. If Vick and/Newman stayed, he would see minutes behind them. Just the way Bill Self works. Older players are priority unless the younger guy has no one ahead of him. He will get all the minutes he can play at Indiana and Vandy. Not so much at Kansas. People are trying to read way too much into a simple situation. 

Reading too much into it?  Everything I gave was fact except the last sentence.  Unless Vick and Newman make a quick decision in the next two weeks, it’s likely Romeo won’t know either way.

44191C5E-AECB-4429-AE9D-DA6CBDA87A48.jpeg

8 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Yeah? I do that? News to me. If I tell someone they are wrong its because, well, they ARE wrong. 

"How so?

You have this habit of telling everyone they're wrong without ever backing up anything you say. That kind of stuff goes on in elementary school and the shtick has gotten old."

^That wasnt to you. There were two quotes in my post and that was to the other guy.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Quite honestly I don't care. When have they been wrong? The Donovan thing maybe.. but that guy wasn't exactly with us for any substantial time at all. I shouldn't have to name off all the times they've been right.. you didn't name off all the times they've been wrong.. please explain the difference.

I never asked if you cared quite honestly. The Donovan thing was a joke as a whole, but the "insiders" over there and their "sources" couldnt have been more off if they tried. They may have been correct in the past but ever since I first heard of that site I havent seen them really break anything.

The comment of you going around telling everyone they're wrong all the time wasnt just about this, it was about your posting as a whole. You love telling everyone they're wrong if they don't agree with you.

I never asked if you cared quite honestly. The Donovan thing was a joke as a whole, but the "insiders" over there and their "sources" couldnt have been more off if they tried. They may have been correct in the past but ever since I first heard of that site I havent seen them really break anything.

The comment of you going around telling everyone there wrong all the time wasnt just about this, it was about your posting as a whole. You love telling everyone they're wrong if they don't agree with you.

Actually no.. I have plenty of discussion without all of that or whatever you're talking about.. you're free to ignore me. And again.. you are wrong with your assumption of HSN. Few have any info at all.. but those few usually have some good info. I would say this board has more inside type stuff.. to say that board has no credibility is again "off".