Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

9 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

... it’s an algorithm. It does so to balance class size and talent so that a class of 6 3 stars isn’t better than a class of 2 5 stars. If you want to know the ranking of a player, just look at the ranking.

It’s honestly ridiculous how everyone on here thinks they are some kind of genius and considers the individuals who evaluate high school and college basketball for a living are morons.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Many of the people who do evaluate high school basketball for a living  probably are morons, and are certainly lemmings and me too, men. The vast majority; instead of being the old-school blowhard at the end of the bar, are modern bloggers with an internet connection, love of sports and a penchant for writing. 

It's honestly ridiculous how every 20 something with a blog thinks they are a genius and considers the individuals with 25 years of experience, but who happened to have chosen a different career path for a living are morons.

Many of the people who do evaluate high school basketball for a living  probably are morons, and are certainly lemmings and me too, men. The vast majority; instead of being the old-school blowhard at the end of the bar, are modern bloggers with an internet connection, love of sports and a penchant for writing. 
It's honestly ridiculous how every 20 something with a blog thinks they are a genius and considers the individuals with 25 years of experience, but who happened to have chosen a different career path for a living are morons.

I think you seriously don’t understand how their rating system works, and why it’s pretty smart, especially for the football recruiting class rankings. It’s really hard to compare talent of a class of 20 versus a class of 10 if you don’t normalize the data. Same with basketball. 247 isn’t some blog started by 20 something’s either. Im not even trying to defend them - just trying to prevent ignorance.

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think you seriously don’t understand how their rating system works, and why it’s pretty smart, especially for the football recruiting class rankings. It’s really hard to compare talent of a class of 20 versus a class of 10 if you don’t normalize the data. Same with basketball. 247 isn’t some blog started by 20 something’s either. Im not even trying to defend them - just trying to prevent ignorance.

You have much to learn young boot hopper

23 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Sounds like the experts aren't very good. I'm finished on the subject. Have a happy Easter.

35 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

Check out this article from IndyStar:

The making of Romeo Langford: A quietly-crafted superstar

https://indy.st/2EaJsNK

I really enjoyed reading this and thought you guys might as well. Kid is special. I can act like I’ll be okay if he doesn’t commit to the Hoosiers, but let’s face it, that’s a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Romeo is definitely special

Call me out if I’m wrong, but I would love a lineup of 
1. RP or DG
2. Langford
3. Taylor
4. Smith
5. Morgan 
Bench: Davis, Hunter, McBob, Damezi, etc. 
This is a big lineup that is athletic and can score. Completely different than last year, and I’d prefer having Davis come off the bench. 

That would be a solid athletic lineup but not a ton of experience in Archie’s system. Would be nice to always have 3 guys on the court that are experienced, especially at the beginning of the season to avoid laying eggs against IPFW and ISU

Is this guy credible?   [/url]   

Posts on the 247 board under the Indysportspartizan handle, and on this board and the Vandy board as Via Swiss. I’m guessing that this claim has been generated by accessing the message board echo chamber, but we should ask him!

Sir Swiss: what is your basis for this claim?

Posts on the 247 board under the Indysportspartizan handle, and on this board and the Vandy board as Via Swiss. I’m guessing that this claim has been generated by accessing the message board echo chamber, but we should ask him!
Sir Swiss: what is your basis for this claim?

Basis for what? Didn't see this thread.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app