Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

In which interview has Romeo seem enthused at all? That is just simply not his personality. 

Tennis great Bjorn Borg reportedly had a resting heart rate of 35 bpm and his demeanor on a tennis court reminds me of Romeo on and off a basketball court.  Expressionless, stoic, etc.

Passing on chatter from the Vandy board. 

From December: "Had dinner with a former VU Star the other evening. Can't name him but he is very tall and blonde headed.

Started talking about Romeo Langford and this is what he had to say:

"Romeo will be committing. but it won't be until after the season so he doesn't have to deal with the backlash from Indiana fans every night he plays."

The source also went on to tell me that his wife and Bryce's wife are good friends and the staff feels that they already have him.

Take it for what it's worth."

An update from the same poster today:

"It was I.... and I’m still very confident in that statement. The new information I can throw out there is that Romeos Dad really wants him to go to Indiana. 

I can’t add anything else right now because it would be speculation. I think we are in good shape."

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Passing on chatter from the Vandy board. 

From December: "Had dinner with a former VU Star the other evening. Can't name him but he is very tall and blonde headed.

Started talking about Romeo Langford and this is what he had to say:

"Romeo will be committing. but it won't be until after the season so he doesn't have to deal with the backlash from Indiana fans every night he plays."

The source also went on to tell me that his wife and Bryce's wife are good friends and the staff feels that they already have him.

Take it for what it's worth."

An update from the same poster today:

"It was I.... and I’m still very confident in that statement. The new information I can throw out there is that Romeos Dad really wants him to go to Indiana. 

I can’t add anything else right now because it would be speculation. I think we are in good shape."

Whether this is true or not, I think its apparent that Romeo's dad seems more pro-Indiana. However, so was Garland's dad and we know how that turned out. Sometimes a parent wanting a kid to go somewhere makes them actually want to go elsewhere. I don't feel Romeo is of that nature though.

I can't wait to get off Romeo's Wild Ride. 

Me too! I’m annoyed with myself about checking it every 4-5 hours to see if there is any “new” info. Even though, there hasn’t been anything new in what, 6-7 months now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tim has been in the spotlight for most of RL's recruitment. He seems to be calling the shots on visits, announcement dates, schools etc. He even runs things after NA games as far as autographs etc. Perhaps RL wants some space from pops. Let's hope not, but the last visit to IU seems more about the parents and CAM than RL. 

12 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Man idk if it’s his shot selection or what but I feel that his stock is/should be further down this year as opposed to last year. I’ll keep my other thoughts about Bridges and his “potential” nba career to myself

I'm with ya Yogi, unless he adjusts his game, I could see him being a flop.

Me too! I’m annoyed with myself about checking it every 4-5 hours to see if there is any “new” info. Even though, there hasn’t been anything new in what, 6-7 months now?

I thought him saying no to UL after they reached out was fairly new.