Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

So I was listing to ESPN on my way home. I normally listen to Fox sports because ESPN local in my area has UK hillbillies on the air strutting their stuff.  Anyway, UK ESPN local radio host was saying the one of the best players left in 2018 class, I think he was talking about Montgomery, was going to visit UK, Duke, Carolina and when asked about which coach he had the best relationship with so far, the young man said it was coach Drew at Vanderbilt.
So for the first time ever I was agreeing with this arrogant UK lover that it seems odd for another 5 star recruit is bonding better with the coach of Vandy then he is with all those big name schools who are lining up for him. 
I have been liking the way things have been sounding lately with Romeo, but this type of stuff is the reason I worry about Vanderbilt  more than a winning Kansas thousands of miles away.

Still my pick despite all the good vibes.

I SO hope to be wrong. As much as it doesn't make sense, it does.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

So apparently Immanuel Quickly, who is Romeo's good friend and going to Kansas, guessed Romeo will go to Vanderbilt.  He admitted he's just guessing though.

You have Quickly confused with Grimes I think. Grimes is the one going to Kansas.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I got a chuckle out of the “grueling schedule” comment when he was talking about Williamson. I went to a good amount of high school games when I lived in SC and it is God awful basketball. I saw teams lose because they, and the coach, had no idea how to break a press. They’d inbound to the corner, get trapped, and try to throw the ball across the court. Steal, layup, repeat. Williamson spent his senior year playing physically inferior kids that get coached at about a third grade level.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2018/03/26/romeo-langford-recruiting-247-crystal-ball-indiana-vanderbilt-kansas-louisville/458454002/

I know this isn’t new....but I’m just trying to figure it out. Why publicly say IU gets the last shot? Everyone in sales wants the last meeting. I don’t understand and admittedly am trying to read into why on a recruitment that’s been so tight lipped, why the Langford camp has gone public with this info.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

RoMeO just drained his first half court shot in a McDonalds skills team thing on  ESPN2. #tooeasy   Then Jay Williams talked about how his girlfriend is from Indiana (or goes there?)  and talked about how great it would be for him to stay home. I’m not a Jay Williams fan but have to agree with him on that one. 

I was watching the dunk contest off and on, and for those of us who like attempting to read the tea leaves...Romeo was more or less in the background the whole time, really out of the spotlight. Garland was front and center the entire time. Dude loves the camera. I didn’t see them interact the whole time, but apparently they’re besties?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was watching the dunk contest off and on, and for those of us who like attempting to read the tea leaves...Romeo was more or less in the background the whole time, really out of the spotlight. Garland was front and center the entire time. Dude loves the camera. I didn’t see them interact the whole time, but apparently they’re besties?

When is this game? I have not watched in years. But with the AD rocking the house....

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:

There is an article in the Courier Journal that mentions Vandy is trying to get Romeo down for another visit. So far, nothing is planned.

Also, don’t expect any positive news for IU this week. Garland will be putting out a lot of pro Vandy spin as you might expect.

That writer is a big UK homer.  Putting IU in the shitt is part of the gig.

Edited by CrimsonV

Yeah, something that I was watching out for. Wanted to see the interaction between the two and it just wasn't there. Hmm

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

RoMeO just drained his first half court shot in a McDonalds skills team thing on  ESPN2. #tooeasy   Then Jay Williams talked about how his girlfriend is from Indiana (or goes there?)  and talked about how great it would be for him to stay home. I’m not a Jay Williams fan but have to agree with him on that one. 

Here’s the video ...

13 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Still don't know how anyone can read all the articles, watch the video interviews, and still have any indication that he is leaning one way.  I think it could be any school.

I've heard in the last 24 hours that all three are the leader from different people. I honestly don't think Romeo knows for sure yet.