Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Throw those “Anchors Away” —and get thee to BTown Romeo. Hoosier Nation awaits !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeh coz anchors only gonna hold u down 4 a year bro! Keep sharin tha dream w/u/real tru home folk 4 life! Ask Cody.

This kid is all class.  Even after a heartbreaking loss in the final game of his high school career and he's signing autographs.
DYhRRcPX4AEvJxR.jpg&key=79b2ec8f2990f3cd7fa3dda5b47ff3f6e05dc585cc1af38a3827be2e84d64ade

I hope they made Coach Drew wait in this line to see Romeo after the game too. No special treatment for recruiters outside of Indiana. Close the borders.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

56 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I've had 3 hockey games in the past 24 hours. I missed all the fun.

Sounds like a wild game. If Romeo "watch" hasn't been declared, it's official now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We’re probably about 2 weeks away from a Severe Romeo Warning for Floyd and all surrounding counties. 

I can confirm. That Bryce Drew told coach Shannon after the game, that if New Albany had scored more points than Warren Central, they in fact, would've won the game.

I can also confirm Drew spent most of the night at the concession stand waiting for the cheese whiz machine to warm up to use as a topping for his hot dog. Then asked a random fan why the teams were sitting on the sideline and not under the basket

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I can confirm. That Bryce Drew told coach Shannon after the game, that if New Albany had scored more points than Warren Central, they in fact, would've won the game.

Too bad the game wasn't in Bloomington. Then he might have traveled to Bloomington, Illinois instead.

Did drewfus bring his whole staff again?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jboser42 said:

My guess is once Romeo commits somewhere then the attention and contstant refreshing go to Brooks or the TJD thread? Possibly Austin Boucher?

If Newman jumps in rankings he might be up there too in refreshes. Kid is good. This AAU season will be interesting. 

Forgive my ignorance (like you haven't already!), but I watched a little of the Warren Central-New Albany game online today and noticed three officials. They don't always use three at high school games, do they? ... Is it just for playoffs? ... Last weekend, I watched a little of the regionals to see Damezi and Romeo play and didn't notice three officials -- but I wasn't really paying much attention to that. 

Forgive my ignorance (like you haven't already!), but I watched a little of the Warren Central-New Albany game online today and noticed three officials. They don't always use three at high school games, do they? ... Is it just for playoffs? ... Last weekend, I watched a little of the regionals to see Damezi and Romeo play and didn't notice three officials -- but I wasn't really paying much attention to that. 

Yes, high school varsity uses 3.

Game write-up from the New Albany paper at the link below.   Romeo was 13-27 from the field and 7-12 from the line.  As a team, New Albany was only 14-24 on FT's and that was the ballgame.

http://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-warren-central-beats-bulldogs-at-the-buzzer/article_fa3656c6-2a2a-11e8-bc31-4bed1c961779.html

19 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Lol, Drewfus was put up in the corner of the third level. 

I keep thinking about this in comparison to Archie’s seat courtside for two games last weekend. It obviously doesn’t mean we know anything about the outcome of things, but I like it.

I’d guess either Arch is smarter or better connected or both, or whoever assigned coach/media seating at Seymour is using their limited power to advance an agenda — maybe all of the above.

Recall that Arch even got into the locker room after the regional semifinal win.

I keep thinking about this in comparison to Archie’s seat courtside for two games last weekend. It obviously doesn’t mean we know anything about the outcome of things, but I like it.
I’d guess either Arch is smarter or better connected or both, or whoever assigned coach/media seating at Seymour is using their limited power to advance an agenda — maybe all of the above.
Recall that Arch even got into the locker room after the regional semifinal win.

Do we know if they even spoke yesterday? I'm sure at least by phone/text. But I didn't see anything notable.