Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

In order to get this thing back out of the wee... well, back into the topic related weeds anyway:
DG is the AD and PM that is sending RL to VU.
RL is going to IU guaranteed. 
Insert comment mocking the above.
Nike and Addidas are both steering RL away from IU. 
Someone's brother's girlfriend's hairdresser's husband who is big shot in southern Indiana heard that RL to IU was a done deal. 
Someone on Peegs said......
No one should bring info from Peegs....... or anywhere else. 
Insert complaint about all of the above. 
Above all don't accept that no one really knows anything and continue reading tea leaves.
Did I leave any out?

Yes we new have a new so called connected guy who has the scoop. I copied this from another board.

Take it for what is worth but was just listening to ESPN 1070 here in Indy. Greg Rackstraw a long time high school and college announcer who is from southern Indiana said he heard right now he is leaning toward Vandy. He also saidsince he is not deciding until April he could change his mind but right now thinks it will be Vandy. He is the program director at 1070 and like I said he is a high schoolannouncer who will be doing the Seymour semi state this week.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Yes we new have a new so called connected guy who has the scoop. I copied this from another board.

Take it for what is worth but was just listening to ESPN 1070 here in Indy. Greg Rackstraw a long time high school and college announcer who is from southern Indiana said he heard right now he is leaning toward Vandy. He also saidsince he is not deciding until April he could change his mind but right now thinks it will be Vandy. He is the program director at 1070 and like I said he is a high schoolannouncer who will be doing the Seymour semi state this week.

I don't think Greg is or has ever been an IU fan. He is more of a small school or Butler guy. You will never hear him say a bad word about Butler. He is someone who has worked hard and kiss the right behinds to work his way up at 1070. I'm not a fan of his the times I have been around him which is only a handful. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think Greg is or has ever been an IU fan. He is more of a small school or Butler guy. You will never hear him say a bad word about Butler. He is someone who has worked hard and kiss the right behinds to work his way up at 1070. I'm not a fan of his the times I have been around him which is only a handful. 

Greg is 100% a Butler guy. Good friends with some in the Athletic Dept

Edited by hoopsta007

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This. I would be much less surprised about Romeo going to Vandy than I would Rakestraw knowing about it before hand. From what I've heard from Greg previously he is all in on Butler and is not likely to have a clue with anything IU related. 

14 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:
Just now, hoopsta007 said:

Greg is 100% a Butler guy. Good friends some in the Athletic Dept

I just think it is funny we must  have about 40 connected guys and they all have the scoop. Below are a just a few I remember.

Garland himself - Vandy - done deal

Aaron E - Kansas - done deal

Evansville random guy - Vandy

Greg Rackstraw - Vandy

Hoosier Guy - IU - done deal

New Albany Fans  - IU

58 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting the rabjohns is saying that some schools count the semi state and the finals as one evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wait, what?  By that logic wouldn't the entire tournament be one evaluation?  Sets up some interesting scenarios (doesn't it ?).  One coach shows up at Seymour next week, another doesn't, then the following week both show up in Indy.  Hmmmmm, will it turn into trench warfare?

Wait, what?  By that logic wouldn't the entire tournament be one evaluation?  Sets up some interesting scenarios (doesn't it ?).  One coach shows up at Seymour next week, another doesn't, then the following week both show up in Indy.  Hmmmmm, will it turn into trench warfare?

Semi st is only 1 game in a day so counting semi state and finals makes sense in a way because regionals u can watch 2 games in a day as 1 and sectionals count Tuesday, Friday, Saturday as 1 evaluation. Murky area when it comes to what counts

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting the rabjohns is saying that some schools count the semi state and the finals as one evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've seen you make more than one reference to how recruit visits are counted by individual school compliance officers so are there no NCAA regs in this regard?   If not, is it then possible for the Compliance Dept. at Sleaze U to count a whole tournament as a single visit whereas Virtuous U considers every individual game in the tournament as a visit?   Yes, it's an extreme example but you get my point.

I've seen you make more than one reference to how recruit visits are counted by individual school compliance officers so are there no NCAA regs in this regard?   If not, is it then possible for the Compliance Dept. at Sleaze U to count a whole tournament as a single visit whereas Virtuous U considers every individual game in the tournament as a visit?   Yes, it's an extreme example but you get my point.

That was a discussion we had a while back. There is really no concrete beyond calendar days. I assume it has a lot to do with the various styles of state tournaments and how scheduling changes per state. I was telling USPS the other day we had someone on a board a few years back that said Regional as a whole was 1 visit due to it being 1 day. It’s easy to find and explanation or definition of the recruiting terminology or cycles. But I couldn’t find anything that gave concrete availability or what constitutes as a visit by a coach in a recruiting cycle.

Edit: if it’s extreme enough to say Semi-State and State are 1, I think it’s safe to say Regional could be one visit. Really wish they had good explanation. But even if we were committing a secondary with an extra visit it’s worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yep.  If Virtuous U ends up going over by 1 visit due to counting this week and next weeks games as separate contacts, while Sleaze U counts them as a single one and doesn't exceed the visits, what does Virtuous U's compliance office do? Do they self-report to the NCAA?  It would be quite hard for the NCAA to do anything about it considering Sleaze U used a different set of rules/interpretation.  Logically, IMO games played on different days and/or venues is essentially the same as two separate regular season games.

I could hear it from the Pope himself but until it comes straight from Romeo, I don't believe it. By thw way...Romeo to IU! ROOAAAR!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

I'd take either Nebraska or Kansas as neighbors over Illinois any time. Both have better scenery and neither are burdened with the festering s-hole that is Chicago. 

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on this forum

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I could hear it from the Pope himself but until it comes straight from Romeo, I don't believe it. By thw way...Romeo to IU! ROOAAAR!

Exactly... this he said she said stuff is all silly. NOBODY knows. The worst I've heard is "Romeo's girlfriend is going to IU". 

Exactly... this he said she said stuff is all silly. NOBODY knows. The worst I've heard is "Romeo's girlfriend is going to IU". 

Funny that you should bring that up. That is one of the prevalent rumors that is making the rounds here in NA. I have heard this numerous times by numerous individuals. I find it possible to be somewhat credible considering that it's coming from so many different people. Someone down here would have to know if this is true or not. I do not honestly know. I don't think that this info (IF true) could be controlled by the Langfords if it were to be the case. Who knows lol!

7 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

In order to get this thing back out of the wee... well, back into the topic related weeds anyway:

DG is the AD and PM that is sending RL to VU.

RL is going to IU guaranteed. 

Insert comment mocking the above.

Nike and Addidas are both steering RL away from IU. 

Someone's brother's girlfriend's hairdresser's husband who is big shot in southern Indiana heard that RL to IU was a done deal. 

Someone on Peegs said......

No one should bring info from Peegs....... or anywhere else. 

Insert complaint about all of the above. 

Above all don't accept that no one really knows anything and continue reading tea leaves.

Did I leave any out?

I thought we were just trying to get to 10,000 by midnight.

8650613-close-up-of-mixed-breed-monkey-between-chimpanzee-and-bonobo-smiling-8-years-old.jpg