Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

It’s not about sun shining. It’s about being realistic both ways and not openly looking for the negative to the n-th degree when it just isn’t there to prove a point. That is what a few have done. There is one sunshine pumper. There are few that are so jaded they can’t look at any of this stuff without making those around them miserable. For the last couple of nights we had a few that argued non stop how if Archie didn’t come to the first then sectional game to shut down the thread. I mean multiple pages of just crazy narrative based on things individuals concocted. Not reality or anything put out there. That has been the last 3 months consistently. It isn’t about sunshine pumping, it’s about reality. Some of you have lost it based off your own jaded minds.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This all day.

^^This^^
When dbm, an IU poster is on BtownBanners, HSN, and the Purdoo and UK Rivals boards declaring with complete certainty that Langford is “a done deal-it’s over” Vandy commitment, that’s not AT ALL realistic, even if Langford ends up at Vandy.

DBM is well sourced. He is buddies with deep insider Austin E.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It’s not about sun shining. It’s about being realistic both ways and not openly looking for the negative to the n-th degree when it just isn’t there to prove a point. That is what a few have done. There is one sunshine pumper. There are few that are so jaded they can’t look at any of this stuff without making those around them miserable. For the last couple of nights we had a few that argued non stop how if Archie didn’t come to the first then second sectional game to shut down the thread. I mean multiple pages of just crazy narrative based on things individuals concocted. Not reality or anything put out there. That has been the last 3 months consistently. It isn’t about sunshine pumping, it’s about reality. Some of you have lost it based off your own jaded minds.

Exactly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

He's not a troll.. just incredibly negative 

Give me a freakin break.  This coming from the guy who licked the Crean boot right until the end.  I called him out for the fraud he was right after year 3.  You are funny.  I was right on Mike Davis, right on Crean, right on Garland, and right on many others. 

Speaking for myself, have not "lost it". I don't make absolute statements, especially about Archie's recruiting because I'm still learning his capabilities/tendencies in recruiting.

I became a great judge on Crean's recruiting over time. Thomas Bryant was the one that threw me off, but that whole recruitment was odd.

I don't feel we will get Langford based on how things have gone so far, but I admit, there are a few signs that keep me interested that we might.

I hope I'm not lumped into the group that seems to view everything negatively. I feel I have always been an objective assessor of things. I put a lot of detective work into my reasoning for things.

For example, how we project next season to go will tell a lot about who is a sunshine pumper, objective, and negative. I will post my expectations after our roster is complete. Our current roster as it stands looks like 4-8 in the B1G. (With Morgan returning). A lot depends on Phinisee and Hunter's effectiveness.

So still you say no romeo to iu! Uuugghhh.

It’s not due to a lack facts. The Garlands played IU and its media to draw attention to their recruitment and get closer to Romeo. 
Winston is the main player here folks. I hope they get burned badly by romeo. Karma!

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Give me a freakin break.  This coming from the guy who licked the Crean boot right until the end.  I called him out for the fraud he was right after year 3.  You are funny.  I was right on Mike Davis, right on Crean, right on Garland, and right on many others. 

Being right doesn’t mean you aren’t negative. 

I was right about Crean as well. I wasn’t thrilled with the hire but gave him a chance. Sometimes people can come across negative when they think they are being realistic. I was labeled as negative bc I was constantly on Crean the last several years. I just think it’s way too early to claiming absolutes in the Archie era, especially in recruiting. To be honest the Langford’s have been pretty open about their timeline and have stuck too it. People just get tired of people constantly claiming it’s a guarantee he goes elsewhere. Jus like people get tired of hearing he is going to IU it’s a lock. 

So does the IU players going to Romeo's game last night pretty much put to bed that rumor about Archie informing his coaching staff that Langford is going to Kansas?
I think it pretty much does.
I can't see Archie telling his coaches that we're not getting Romeo, then turning around and telling 3 current players to take time out of their Saturday night and go watch his tournament game. 
Just my 2 cents.  In this case, actions speak louder than message board rumors.
You need to talk to Austin E. That was his big rumor.

So does the IU players going to Romeo's game last night pretty much put to bed that rumor about Archie informing his coaching staff that Langford is going to Kansas?
I think it pretty much does.
I can't see Archie telling his coaches that we're not getting Romeo, then turning around and telling 3 current players to take time out of their Saturday night and go watch his tournament game. 
Just my 2 cents.  In this case, actions speak louder than message board rumors.

Bingo.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The fact that I cheer for the University I love makes me a bad fan? Lol I am absoustely bias, no questions asked. I won't be negative... sorry won't happen. The term sunshine pumper is probably the stupidest term I've heard. "Right after year 3" "Right about Davis"... dude you don't get an award for being the most negative poster lol.. and I was halfway sticking up for you. Last time that'll happen. 

55 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Speaking for myself, have not "lost it". I don't make absolute statements, especially about Archie's recruiting because I'm still learning his capabilities/tendencies in recruiting.

I became a great judge on Crean's recruiting over time. Thomas Bryant was the one that threw me off, but that whole recruitment was odd.

I don't feel we will get Langford based on how things have gone so far, but I admit, there are a few signs that keep me interested that we might.

I hope I'm not lumped into the group that seems to view everything negatively. I feel I have always been an objective assessor of things. I put a lot of detective work into my reasoning for things.

For example, how we project next season to go will tell a lot about who is a sunshine pumper, objective, and negative. I will post my expectations after our roster is complete. Our current roster as it stands looks like 4-8 in the B1G. (With Morgan returning). A lot depends on Phinisee and Hunter's effectiveness.

Wow. 4-8 in the Big Ten, depending on how our 2 best freshmen work out. Way to stick your neck out. Maybe better than this year, maybe worse! How much great judging, objective assessing, and putting a lot of detective work into your reasoning did that take. Such an obviously safe prediction, like "predicting" cheating by major programs months after it's been a national story with promises for more, and then saying "I told you so" every time it comes up. 

I was told just today by someone who is tight with the Langfords that they know absolutely nothing and that the Garlands have stirred up most of the Vandy hype.
Of course they have. Winston is stirring the pot. Winston never wanted his kid at iu as many were claiming. Mom's tears at midnight madness? Maybe real but they mostly just put on an act.

Brilliant move by CAM, if the three IU players were just up in the crowd maybe they just wanted to see a game, but them being front and center at a sold out game had to be orchestrated by someone. Throw in the fact that they save a visit plus get to go see TJD in person again was quite clever.

I think part of the negativity with some of the posters is that they just don't want to get their hopes up only to be let down, so they put on a negative stance.  Recruiting is a tough business, and sometimes it's difficult for people to balance their emotions throughout the process.