Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

32 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Is there any chance Romeo loses tonight?  I hope Archie gets a chance to take a visit down there now that he's a little less busy.

None

4 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

He has to be. Romeo is a 100% must get for this program to generate any momentum. That's just a fact.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So if he goes tonight, does he use his last one tomorrow, regional, semi-state or state?

Is Kansas out of this? I saw someone with rivals say it seemed to be down to IU and Vandy. 

Langford’s have not said this. People have liked to assume things this recruitment. I hope we all know what that means.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

He has to go this weekend for sure. They could lose tomorrow and his season would be over. You cannot save a visit for a  game that may never take place.

Peegs is saying he will probably go tomorrow night than save the last one for next weekend or later. 

People can downplay Romeo and say we will be just fine without him and the future is bright, etc.  But the fact of the matter is he is the difference next year between being a top 4 big ten team who makes the NCAA and being an NIT team in the middle of the pack in the big ten maybe.  He is that important imo. I honestly do not see us making the tourney next year without him and three years without an NCAA berth will sour IU fans a lot.

Phinisee, Hunter, Anderson, Forrester, Thompson  > Newkirk, Johnson, Hartman, McSwain, Priller. Obviously getting Romeo is a major upgrade in itself, but the guys we have coming in immediately fix the biggest issue we had this season, which was shooting. I know it seems out of the realm to think Phinisee can come right in and excel at the point his freshman year, but if Yogi can do it, why can’t he? Yes, I know, Yogi was regarded as the higher class recruit coming in than what Phinisee is, but still doesn’t dismiss the fact that  Phinisee isn’t going to be able to do it as well. It’s obviously gonna be a wait and see type of thing, and nothing is guaranteed, but to say I’m excited about what our roster could look like next season is an understatement. 

Have heard Archie would rather make it to tomorrow's game, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him there tonight. With the game ending so late last night and having to fly back and then get right back on the road for a game he knows Romeo will likely win I don't expect him there until tomorrow. Yes I know traveling is part of the job before anyone says anything lol, but in this case he should have at least one more shot to see him. I haven't heard or seen anything about Vandy or Kansas being there tonight or tomorrow either yet, but I expect one of them tomorrow as well if New Albany does win tonight. 

Phinisee, Hunter, Anderson, Forrester, Thompson  > Newkirk, Johnson, Hartman, McSwain, Priller. Obviously getting Romeo is a major upgrade in itself, but the guys we have coming in immediately fix the biggest issue we had this season, which was shooting. I know it seems out of the realm to think Phinisee can come right in and excel at the point his freshman year, but if Yogi can do it, why can’t he? Yes, I know, Yogi was regarded as the higher class recruit coming in than what Phinisee is, but still doesn’t dismiss the fact that  Phinisee isn’t going to be able to do it as well. It’s obviously gonna be a wait and see type of thing, and nothing is guaranteed, but to say I’m excited about what our roster could look like next season is an understatement. 
Yogi was surrounded by tremendous talent. RP will not have that and it is totally unfair to expect four freshman ranked around the 100 mark to come in and make major contributions right away . It's unrealistic yet people get delusions every year that these guys will contribute from day one. I feel many of you guys are placing completely unrealistic expectations on the frosh and especiaslly rob.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

No they don't. None of them in that group will be as good as Johnson was as a SR. Anderson and Forrester probably won't be seeing much time at all. I am glad we're getting all the kids we are... but they aren't the second coming. Also.. we would be incredibly lucky if Phinisee is as good as Yogi as a FR (which amounted to an OK role player).