Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Are Warren Central and SB Riley overrated?

SB Riley is not overrated. Their front line is 3 seniors( including Damezi) that are all 6'6/6'7 , long and athletic. 

I live up here, have seen them multiple times over the years. Great group of kids that had to overcome some behind the scenes turmoil last year with the previous coach and administration. They're winners.

The similarity between Floyd Central and IU is astounding. Both programs had their glory years in the 70s and 80s. Both had volatile Hall of Fame coaches that fell off in the 90s and were fired for behavior. And a series of bad interim coaches and bad hires. 25 years of irrelevancy. Floyd Central had been awful untill about 4 years ago when they hired a really good coach. They play an elite defense, and they take care of the ball and use the post effectively. Now they are relevant again.

Does those last sentences sound familiar? You betcha. It just takes the right guy. In a few years, people around the country will be talking about IU the way people around the state are talking about Floyd Central.

Is FC Pat Graham’s alma mater?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Well, Warren Central and Riley are definitely in the State Championship mix. Floyd Central beat Warren Central last summer. But I get that, really doesnt have much relevance now.

I have no knowledge of SBR. I don't think they play near the schedule some of these other teams do. SBR schedule rank is 111. FC is 77 and played 2 really good teams out if Louisville and they don't count in the schedule rank. 

6 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Really liked his play at IU. Too bad he was often hurt. How are Memorial and Bosse looking right now?

Both very good teams with Bosse getting the edge, IMO.  We should see them match up in the championship of the Boonville Sectional if all goes as it should.  Memorial (19-4) beat a tough Heritage Hills team last night (finished 20-4).  Bosse rolled in their game against Boonville winning 92-62.  

1 minute ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Both very good teams with Bosse getting the edge, IMO.  We should see them match up in the championship of the Boonville Sectional if all goes as it should.  Memorial (19-4) beat a tough Heritage Hills team last night (finished 20-4).  Bosse rolled in their game against Boonville.  

Bosse was probably the longest HS team I've ever seen last year. 

Both very good teams with Bosse getting the edge, IMO.  We should see them match up in the championship of the Boonville Sectional if all goes as it should.  Memorial (19-4) beat a tough Heritage Hills team last night (finished 20-4).  Bosse rolled in their game against Boonville winning 92-62.  

Sounds like two strong 3A teams.

4 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Sounds like two strong 3A teams.

Here is a clip on the games from last night.  Yes, loaded sectional with three very good teams.  

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/02/27/heritage-hills-memorial-and-bosse-3-boonville-sectional/370545002/

Back to RoMeO ... #StayHomeRoMeO

39 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I just saw Pat Graham last night.  He is an assistance coach at Evansville Memorial.  His son is a Sophomore.

Does he get any minutes? I didn't see his name in the box score.

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

They could lose to Floyd Central. It is a tough sectional.

They could but that wouldnt be one and done. Their first game is against the winner of the two worst teams and the other good teams have to battle it out before playing New Albany.