Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You’ve stated that anyone saying they know anything is misinformed or lying because the Langfords are playing this as close to the chest as any recruitment out there, yet you know Romeo wants to make a decision by March 10th.

These two statements don’t jive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I literally stated in the next post pretty much that that date is far from set in stone. I just know he plans on knowing his decision and then sitting on it for a week or two, so if he was to do it for McDonalds game, around March 10th would make sense. I wasn't trying to share earth shattering news dude. Not even close in fact most recruits probably know ahead of time before announcing kind of common sense. I was just affirming that in no way has he decided yet as whatever that report was trying to say. 

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I literally stated in the next post pretty much that that date is far from set in stone. I just know he plans on knowing his decision and then sitting on it for a week or two, so if he was to do it for McDonalds game, around March 10th would make sense. I wasn't trying to share earth shattering news dude. Not even close in fact most recruits probably know ahead of time before announcing kind of common sense. I was just affirming that in no way has he decided yet as whatever that report was trying to say. 

These are your words: "Rabjohns report seems to be true. I don't know exactly what he is saying, but I know Romeo is wanting to have his decision done around March 10th and then giving it a week or two to make sure he feels right about it."

How do you know that? You're now saying you're just making assumptions, but you say things like they're factual. If you can't see why that's confusing/annoying, I'll drop it.

27 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

These are your words: "Rabjohns report seems to be true. I don't know exactly what he is saying, but I know Romeo is wanting to have his decision done around March 10th and then giving it a week or two to make sure he feels right about it."

How do you know that? You're now saying you're just making assumptions, but you say things like they're factual. If you can't see why that's confusing/annoying, I'll drop it.

Read the following post. I admitted I was pretty much guessing on the date lol so what is your point? All I shared was his family wants to have a decision and then take some time to make sure of it. I was sharing it because it seemed very pre mature that he was a done deal to Vandy. I did hear he wants to know beforehand just like 90% of recruits do, so I'm confused. 

I don't share anything worthwhile on here anymore for this reason. I don't even do updates on football recruits anymore, which is actually what I cover. Too much drama on here honestly it's annoying and sounds like too many people are too invested in decisions a teenager is going to make. I got arrogant with the Garland news I was given and got too invested  I've admitted that. Either read what I say or don't man, my feelings won't be hurt. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm not sure who you're lumping me in with? I've consistently been more on your side of the thought process in terms of this recruitment. 

But with that said, he's gathered almost all of the information. This isn't a Spring announcement like where Bryant was still taking his officials during the season. Langford had completed all of his officials to his three schools, he's also gone on unofficials to IU and Vandy, he's had Kansas and Vandy for in-homes and at games. 

I may have worded my post poorly. My point wasn't that he made the decision in October and has just been sitting on it. I've consistently said that the idea that he's known but held off because of backlash is ridiculous. My point was that I can't imagine why it would take this long with all the info/visits he has and has taken.

He must be leaning to a certain school. What else is there to gather? My point was that the waiting is good for IU because Archie was late to the game, so I'm guessing he held off to give Archie/IU a real shot. 

I don't doubt that he is leaning a certain way, perhaps even strongly leaning. I also don't doubt that he has leaned more than one direction over the course of his recruitment and especially the last few months. What do doubt is that any top tier, guaranteed to have a spot on the team player like Romeo should make the decision official any sooner that absolutely necessary. A lot can change over the course of a few months in college basketball such as the FBI investigation and Preston/Lambo situation as examples. Besides he can't sign his LOI right now anyway and if he does choose IU, I wouldn't be surprised to see Drew put on a full court press until he was actually signed. 

I don't doubt that he is leaning a certain way, perhaps even strongly leaning. I also don't doubt that he has leaned more than one direction over the course of his recruitment and especially the last few months. What do doubt is that any top tier, guaranteed to have a spot on the team player like Romeo should make the decision official any sooner that absolutely necessary. A lot can change over the course of a few months in college basketball such as the FBI investigation and Preston/Lambo situation as examples. Besides he can't sign his LOI right now anyway and if he does choose IU, I wouldn't be surprised to see Drew put on a full court press until he was actually signed. 
Of course drew would. This is his all or nothing recruiting class. He's done after this.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Nick_Bragg13 said:

I’ve said it multiple times. Frustrating that the actions of one is causing us to lose valuable info you provide! Thank you Yogi, and to those of you that continue to attack him, thanks for ruining the info. Again it’s a free message board. Let the guy share the info he hears and quit having meltdowns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's free - I'm also allowed to question it. What's valuable about misinformation? 

Doing a little spit balling here. Don’t know the financial situation of his family but what  if his whole decision now is based on how long he wants to stay in school.. one and done ,(Vandy\Kansas),or 2 and done,(IU ),if he wants to experience a little bit of the college life. 

I have to think after seeing the 3 schools,he has to have a gut feeling. 

I don't have any love for Vanderbilt, but I'm not sure what Coach Drew has done to be so hated other than going after some of the same kids. I've seen allegations that he is "dirty" but I haven't seen any evidence other than he is assembling a good recruiting class. I guess i question whether he is doing anything that we wouldn't expect our coach to do to get the best players available. If both schools weren't after Langford, would we care what Coach Drew was doing?

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I don't have any love for Vanderbilt, but I'm not sure what Coach Drew has done to be so hated other than going after some of the same kids. I've seen allegations that he is "dirty" but I haven't seen any evidence other than he is assembling a good recruiting class. I guess i question whether he is doing anything that we wouldn't expect our coach to do to get the best players available. If both schools weren't after Langford, would we care what Coach Drew was doing?

I really don't care about Vanderbilt...at all, and I don't hate Bryce Drew, BUT you gotta admit that it's kind of peculiar that a new coach at an SEC bottom feeder school, and coach who has no history of landing top recruits, and the school has no history of landing top recruits, has suddenly pulled in 2 5-star recruits, and potentially another one if they get Romeo.  That seems shady...don't you think?

6 hours ago, Ajwhitis said:

Probably doesn't mean anything but I read on another board from someone "As close to the Garland's as it gets", the Garlands believe Romeo to IU. Same guy said last week that we'll be happy when Romeo announces.

It's hard to truly believe fan message board rumors.

40 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Keep posting dont let the boot get you down

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

The dreaded walking boot gets everyone eventually, coonhound! Basketball players and message board posters alike!

I don't have anything against Yogi personally, I just think he established some credibility so that when he posts in the manner he does ("I know"), it is taken more seriously. This thread is already off the rails as it is, but it'd be nice if there was some semblance of reliability to the board. I vented my frustrations about other posters' habits as well. Back in the day, I think 41, mdn, and others were more active in vetting "sourced" posters so there wasn't mass hysteria every time a Indiana Guy posted "Romeo to IU, trust me" or an ibm728 posted "It's over".