Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

We won't agree here. I don't think the Langfords are bad people or dirty. At all. Do I think they will accept the "going rate" for players of his likeness? Yes I do. And I don't blame them for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And while this is perfectly fine, what does this add to this particular player’s recruiting thread? The last couple of pages of you defending your theory and not about the kid. Your theory has nothing to do with Romeo Langford but college basketball/AAU/recruiting in general. If it’s as done as you say it is, why not on Keion Brooks, or TJD? That’s all I have been saying. You know it’s going to be this way why for months bring the same to the thread to throw it off tracks? When the decision is made I get that. It’s over. No more decisions or business deals as you say. Personally if it were as simple as a business deal it would be over. Like he would be signed. Do you really think if money and his personal standing is keeping him from signing and Drew had him do that? That’s stupid with Kansas waiting in the wings. You don’t think they could match? You really think Kansas cares or he couldn’t expand his personal celebrity at Kansas over IU? IU = local until he is on tv. Kansas = National from the moment he steps foot on campus. Your theory in this instance does not match up in the least. Take a wider scope of the situation imo. Not all recruiting is dirty.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You haven't been paying enough attention. Yes , Priller and April won't cost you any extra. Most Purdue players won't either unless your name is Caleb Swanigan. They even outbid MSU for him. Wow!

Um... No. Swanigan went to Purdue because of his handler. Not because money was thrown around. Now Dawson to Michigan State... that’s different

And while this is perfectly fine, what does this add to this particular player’s recruiting thread? The last couple of pages of you defending your theory and not about the kid. Your theory has nothing to do with Romeo Langford but college basketball/AAU/recruiting in general. If it’s as done as you say it is, why not on Keion Brooks, or TJD? That’s all I have been saying. You know it’s going to be this way why for months bring the same to the thread to throw it off tracks? When the decision is made I get that. It’s over. No more decisions or business deals as you say. Personally if it were as simple as a business deal it would be over. Like he would be signed. Do you really think if money and his personal standing is keeping him from signing and Drew had him do that? That’s stupid with Kansas waiting in the wings. You don’t think they could match? You really think Kansas cares or he couldn’t expand his personal celebrity at Kansas over IU? IU = local until he is on tv. Kansas = National from the moment he steps foot on campus. Your theory in this instance does not match up in the least. Take a wider scope of the situation imo. Not all recruiting is dirty.

I have answers to all these but I'll cede for sake of back and forth. Just get tired of some of the clueless takes.

Um... No. Swanigan went to Purdue because of his handler. Not because money was thrown around. Now Dawson to Michigan State... that’s different

Ok. If you want to believe that. I know full well about the handler being a Fort Wayne person. Just makes it all the easier to offer benefits. It's not always suitcases of cash. Sometimes it's jobs. Jobs for friends. Etc.

I'll see my way out.

I have answers to all these but I'll cede for sake of back and forth. Just get tired of some of the clueless takes.

Yeah me too. People are getting stuck in their ways and seem to be lacking common sense. This is a recruiting thread and it is disappointing what they have become.

No one questions a UCLA over Indiana decision. It doesn't look shady, although it is.

Now Vandy over Indiana. That one takes some 'splainin. It been an exercise in building the narrative.

It's one of two things.

1. Drew is shady or dirty.

2. The garlands aren't nearly as knowledgeable about bball as we were lead to believe if they think vandy and drew are so great.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

It's one of two things.

2. The garlands aren't nearly as knowledgeable about bball as we were lead to believe if they think vandy and drew are so great.

Vandy's 2019 class will tell you if Drew is dirty or not.  I'm betting big time that its a bust.  2018 was all Garland.

It's one of two things.

That’s cool and all if they are shady or dirty. Does anyone not think Kansas would not outbid them if this were a bidding war? He means more to Kansas than Vandy. I just wish people would think about what they typing before they type them.

That’s cool and all if they are shady or dirty. Does anyone not think Kansas would not outbid them if this were a bidding war? He means more to Kansas than Vandy. I just wish people would think about what they typing before they type them.

Does he though? Kansas has already spent their 5 star allotment.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Does he though? Kansas has already spent their 5 star allotment.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes? You wouldn’t take Romeo Langford over what they have if your ultimate goal is a NCAA title? What does he mean to Vandy that they would pay more than Kansas? Come on man. Be honest with yourself here. There is zero expectations at Vandy. Stallings made a career out of it. Destination Job (Kansas) v stepping stone that already has 2 five stars, a four star, some transfers... it’s not even close in a free agency if we are being honest with ourselves and this is the way it is. Then you add all of the benefits of Kansas v Vandy from a national exposure standpoint. But hey, what do I know about business.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yes? You wouldn’t take Romeo Langford over what they have if your ultimate goal is a NCAA title? What does he mean to Vandy that they would pay more than Kansas? Come on man. Be honest with yourself here. There is zero expectations at Vandy. Stallings made a career out of it. Destination Job (Kansas) v stepping stone that already has 2 five stars, a four star, some transfers... it’s not even close in a free agency if we are being honest with ourselves and this is the way it is. Then you add all of the benefits of Kansas v Vandy from a national exposure standpoint. But hey, what do I know about business.

Kansas would take Romeo at the drop of a hat. Just as any program would

I’ve felt for awhile that Romeo especially Garland is trying to tell us he’s going to Vandy. I think the publicity while on his journey to catch Damon is greatly enhanced by hopeful Indiana fans. The Langford camp knows this and that’s why it’s more important to wait on committing out of state. If Romeo announced for Vandy early on, most of Indiana wouldn’t care about Romeo. He is building his brand .
 The timing of his announcement, the family in Atlanta, Archie not watching Romeo’s recent games, all point in that direction. Sorry folks we are getting the shaft again. 

Yep

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe brand building isn’t the best way to describe it. My point is that Romeo is getting way more hype which keeps his name buzzing around the Nation helped by crazy Indiana fans like ourselves.  If he committed out of state, IU fans and local IU media wouldn’t be staying around 2hrs after a high school game to see him.

I agree

I think it is to early to panic lets see if Romeo visits iu again. Imo if he visits again we are at least seriously being considered. If romeo does not make another visit then i think the writing is on the wall and he going to vandy. If someone disagrees with this that is fine as i am not claiming to know anything so dont get all up in arms lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes I'd be interested to see if they sure enough show up for a second visit as well

Vandy needs him much more than Kansas does.