Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I'ma gonna get in before the post-Vandy visit articles:
All - be prepared to read and hear about the Langford family's post-Vandy visit comments. These comments will include:
  1. "Loved the atmosphere."
  2. "Impressed by Coach Drew. He really cares about his players"
  3. "Coach Drew showed me how I would fit in with his offense. I can really see how that would be a great fit for my style."
  4. "Vandy has great players coming in next year. Can see how we could be a super-class."
  5. "The tour of the campus, academics, and facilities was first class."
If I am already able to  'pre-quote' the post-visit interviews, you guys can be sure that they don't mean all that much; largely that:
  • The Langford's will be gracious guests who will be treated very, very well.
  • They could all be true or not; the player and his family will assess all of their options and try to make the best, most informed decision based on all factors.
  • This visit will contribute to the information set needed to weigh those factors. Period.
In other words, in advance: stop freaking out and jumping to rash conclusions!   ;)
Good advice, but it won't be followed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm gonna punish them by bumping my post from today every time they throw a sky is falling fit :)

Lmao that would be awesome! Dibs on being the first person to jump in with a, “Why did nobody prepare me for these standard comments?”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

40 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Maybe your should take your argument up with peegs. You can tell him that he and rabby are liars.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They might not be liars, but they clearly have the ability to be absolutely and completely wrong.

All - be prepared to read and hear about the Langford family's post-Vandy visit comments. These comments will include:
  3. "Coach Drew showed me how I would fit in with his offense. I can really see how that would be a great fit for my style."
  4. "Vandy has great players coming in next year. Can see how we could be a super-class."
If I am already able to  'pre-quote' the post-visit interviews, you guys can be sure that they don't mean all that much; largely that:
  • They could all be true or not; the player and his family will assess all of their options and try to make the best, most informed decision based on all factors.
  • This visit will contribute to the information set needed to weigh those factors. Period.
In other words, in advance: stop freaking out and jumping to rash conclusions!   ;)
My guess is drew is going to highlight how awesome the pro styled offense is!!!!! Heck if they beat Florida all 50 students may storm the court.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

This post should be re-purposed for all potential recruits when they visit other campuses.  Just switch out a few names and we'll be set. 

It could also be used when said recruits visit Bloomington as well, as some fans tend to get there hopes up too much every time we see the inevitable positive post-visit interview.

a little nugget from a Vandy forum - 

We need a Vandy fan sell out this Saturday: 
Students- please try to get creative with signs & chants
Admin & coaching staff- start now marketing to anyone & everyone. Give tickets away to elementary schools if necessary 

Hope they have milk cartons in concessions

Someone should put the Vandy crowd on the side of a milk carton and send it to Romeo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is anyone going to the New Albany game tonight against BNL for Romeo's senior night? Didn't know if anyone was covering it? Is Peegs or Rabby going to cover it? Seems like someone should cover senior night for the biggest recruit in recent years. Especially when he is playing against a former Mr. Basketball and all American at IU.

39 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Is anyone going to the New Albany game tonight against BNL for Romeo's senior night? Didn't know if anyone was covering it? Is Peegs or Rabby going to cover it? Seems like someone should cover senior night for the biggest recruit in recent years. Especially when he is playing against a former Mr. Basketball and all American at IU.

Good luck getting a ticket lol