Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Getting the state HS scoring record was always going to be difficult.  Romeo was already behind pace to get there.  And now with missing games it's looking really unlikely.  

Romeo is an incredible talent.  If anything this just reaffirms what an incredible high school career Damon Bailey had to achieve what he did. 

Romeo retweeted some Darius Garland stuff this week.  I haven't seen him retweeting anything from Damezi or Rob.  Does this mean anything?  I don't know.  Garland was talking with Al Durham days/weeks before his decision.  

I think a lot of us are concerned with the abysmal start we've had under Archie.  The good news?  We've got minutes to give.  In fact, the somewhat promising SG we had on the roster just transferred, removing pretty much all competition at the position next year.  

Also, Vanderbilt is having an historically bad season as well.  Year 2 of the Drew era, and there are articles about Vandy having their worst start in 72 years.  Drew isn't some wunderkind coaching prodigy.  The IU struggles aren't going to kill us on this.

What about Kansas?  I'm not sure.  Not as much playing time, but excellent support (heh) and exposure.  They've protected their brand and there's some pride in just being a Kansas commit--something IU has squandered.  

We're still in it.  I agree with the people that say he won't change the program.  And I agree with the people that say he would be a huge get that would really help us as long as he's here.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Getting the state HS scoring record was always going to be difficult.  Romeo was already behind pace to get there.  And now with missing games it's looking really unlikely.  

Romeo is an incredible talent.  If anything this just reaffirms what an incredible high school career Damon Bailey had to achieve what he did. 

Romeo retweeted some Darius Garland stuff this week.  I haven't seen him retweeting anything from Damezi or Rob.  Does this mean anything?  I don't know.  Garland was talking with Al Durham days/weeks before his decision.  

I think a lot of us are concerned with the abysmal start we've had under Archie.  The good news?  We've got minutes to give.  In fact, the somewhat promising SG we had on the roster just transferred, removing pretty much all competition at the position next year.  

Also, Vanderbilt is having an historically bad season as well.  Year 2 of the Drew era, and there are articles about Vandy having their worst start in 72 years.  Drew isn't some wunderkind coaching prodigy.  The IU struggles aren't going to kill us on this.

What about Kansas?  I'm not sure.  Not as much playing time, but excellent support (heh) and exposure.  They've protected their brand and there's some pride in just being a Kansas commit--something IU has squandered.  

We're still in it.  I agree with the people that say he won't change the program.  And I agree with the people that say he would be a huge get that would really help us as long as he's here.

I'm curious to see if anything comes from the Billy Preston investigation. I mean the guy wrecked a ferrari.

I'm curious to see if anything comes from the Billy Preston investigation. I mean the guy wrecked a ferrari.

Kansas is super dirty. It honestly ticks me off how much they get away with and keep winning. Romeo having them in his final 3 causes me concern. Not even, so much fear of losing him to them, but just the shady recruiting tactics they employ in general. Kansas is the richer Louisville when it come to recruiting. Both slimy as all heck.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Retweeting DG can only mean one thing. Its Anchors down baby as drew pulls another rabbit out of a hat. He is a machine!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Kansas is super dirty. It honestly ticks me off how much they get away with and keep winning. Romeo having them in his final 3 causes me concern. Not even, so much fear of losing him to them, but just the shady recruiting tactics they employ in general. Kansas is the richer Louisville when it come to recruiting. Both slimy as all heck.

Kansas preserved it's brand I guess as the poster said but by being dirty and shady! The fact is anyone who can pull Romeo away from drew is a genius.

Might as well close this thread. He ain’t coming here.
I'd be shocked if he came at this point but I'm not willing to just give up. Getting him isn't really even about next year imo. It's about recruiting momentum and showing 2019 ad 2020 guys iu is again a cool pick for top players. That's why I think he is incredibly important to get. But like I said I'm not optimistic anymore.

LOL, they still went to the Final Four which is a lot more than we can say recently. Lon Kruger is an established coach with a record of success at multiple high major programs. Austin sells itself, plus the Texas football money means Shaka has excellent facilities, and he can use Kevin Durant as a selling point.

Cool good for them. That sells it then you pied pipered me to your side. Close it down folks (sarcasm button)

11 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Might as well close this thread. He ain’t coming here.

Yes, because the other teams that are recruiting him are doing so well (eyeroll). KU just lost again at home last night. Vandy is a bottom 2-3 team in the SEC. What else do you got? 

27 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Yes, because the other teams that are recruiting him are doing so well (eyeroll). KU just lost again at home last night. Vandy is a bottom 2-3 team in the SEC. What else do you got? 

They lost to a ranked team not IPFW. And they are 11-3 in a down year. Vandy I will give you. 

But if he's been bought its Vandy

If he wants to win Kansas

55 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They lost to a ranked team not IPFW. And they are 11-3 in a down year. Vandy I will give you. 

But if he's been bought its Vandy

If he wants to win Kansas

KU is still losing given it is much better competition. Plus, they already have a top SG committed for next year. And with the Lawson twins/Newsome possibly back, KU will need a ton of basketballs. I am hardly convinced that KU is looked at as the front runner. 

33 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

KU is still losing given it is much better competition. Plus, they already have a top SG committed for next year. And with the Lawson twins/Newsome possibly back, KU will need a ton of basketballs. I am hardly convinced that KU is looked at as the front runner. 

Never said that. But it's where he's going if he wants win next year

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Never said that. But it's where he's going if he wants win next year

I don't think that's entirely true. I am sure people were telling Trae Young that exact thing but he still signed with Oklahoma. They are now a top 10 team in the country and it's because of him. They didn't even make the tourney last year. KU will have a more talented roster but he can still win at IU and is guaranteed to get lots of PT with an equal amount of national exposure.