Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

That is not always so bad. We have good recruits already locked up.

We aren't immediately on blue blood recruiting level (DG and Romeo would have put us right there) but we are on that next level with 15-30 schools.

The path to success in that recruiting group is much more challenging but it can be done. But will it? My guess is if we continue to recruit like we have so far we will be formidable by year 3 and then hopefully onwards.

Not as fast as I'd like but based on our recruiting successes so far we at least have hope.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Yeah I think we all got ahead of things thinking we would get 5 stars right off the bat. Grad transfers should help next year any maybe we can land a 5 star in 2019.T hat won't be easy either especially with Brooks. Michigan State will be on him very hard.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not getting DG hurts, but not getting Romeo is going to be a real tough pill to swallow especially losing him to Vandy. Archie was playing from behind the whole time, which was a disadvantage. 2018 is a nice building class and hopefully 2019 is the homerun class that gets us back into the national spotlight. 
I hate kansas but i would much rather lose him to them then vandy. Thats going to be really tough to swallow.

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nothing wrong with that approach. For me I’m such a huge college basketball fan as a whole that I would know who these kids would be regardless of if IU recruited them so following them in college makes me a little more invested when I watch their games

Yeah I totally get that. Occasionally I'll see a team playing and wonder how such and such recruit is doing, but I don't watch much college basketball outside of IU so I usually forget about them. 

Not getting DG hurts, but not getting Romeo is going to be a real tough pill to swallow especially losing him to Vandy. Archie was playing from behind the whole time, which was a disadvantage. 2018 is a nice building class and hopefully 2019 is the homerun class that gets us back into the national spotlight. 

We haven't lost him yet. Step away from the cliff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Still feel like Romeo is a Hoosier. We never had Garland, so people need to stop acting like we did and that it’s a failure. Romeo has likely known for awhile that Garland is staying home and hopefully Romeo stays home too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Many of our instincts were right about DG.

I don't YET have those instincts about Langford, but it is easy to be discouraged about our chances after the news today.

Sometimes building up hope and hype over a recruit doesn't do anyone any good.

If I were predicting right now, it would be Romeo to Vandy, but I reserve the right to change my pick at the last minute like Meyer!

I actually think that if UCLA really was 2nd for Garland, then it minimizes this entire narrative that Garland and Langford really want to play together. Obviously playing together is a thought for them, or Langford wouldn't even have Vandy in his three, but UCLA being #2 for Garland tells me it's not as big a driver as we might think. It's an option, but not near the top of their lists of reasons to go to a school. It's a 'nice to have'. 

Garland knew he was going to vandy he just wanted everyone to know he couldve gone to a basketball school if he really wanted to. Tonight he can celebrate while watching his future team likely lose to belmont haha. Think our chances with Romeo are still solid

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Garland knew he was going to vandy he just wanted everyone to know he couldve gone to a basketball school if he really wanted to. Tonight he can celebrate while watching his future team likely lose to belmont haha. Think our chances with Romeo are still solid

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes he did
He knew weeks ago.

You and me both. Following recruiting became a hobby of mine for a couple of months but now I will find something else to do in my spare time.

It's so addicting though, lol. Once you get used to missing most of the targets you go after, it gets easier.

Archie's batting average >>>>>>>>>> Crean's

It's so addicting though, lol. Once you get used to missing most of the targets you go after, it gets easier.

Archie's batting average >>>>>>>>>> Crean's

Following recruiting is not for everyone. Definitely need a short term memory but like u said it’s addicting.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

People only need a break if they let a kids decision effect their lives moving forward. I follow recruiting as close as anybody and for me personally I don’t need a break. I chose to watch Garland and others (Swider) in the summer knowing there was a chance they wouldn’t end up at IU. Was I disappointed today absolutely but if u love following recruiting u better have a short term memory or you are going to be miserable. Maybe since this was the first top 10 kid IU has had a shot at in awhile got people who normally don’t follow closely jump in and follow recruiting closer but as you know this happens. At the end of the day I’m fine following as closely as I do because at the end of the day 13 kids are going to say yes and become Hoosiers and wear the candy stripes. If I track them and they decide go elsewhere I will end up watching them more closely in college then I would before. I can’t wait to watch Romeo on dec 9 at Southport even if he decides to commit to Vandy and I can’t wait until the summer to repeat the process over again and track new recruits

I agree and this and DG's recruitment have opened my eyes very wide. It's a tough world out there if you follow recruiting closely. I get invested in them, but I have too much going on in my own life to worry about what a teenager is going to do. At the end of the day only the kid knows. Garland family has soured on me the last few hours, but Romeo I will follow regardless of Vandy, IU or KU. I do think more people got invested that normally don't and it has hurt the perception on here. Honestly, I've moved on already. Hope Garland does GREAT at Vandy, but unless it is UK, UF or any big game in NC for them I probably ain't paying attention. Romeo is the focus from here and out and he should be.