Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

On 11/6/2017 at 11:01 AM, Travis Scott said:

Anyone else think Romeo may not be a 1 and done? His interest in Vandy might be a sign he's actually looking for a place to get an education as well.  Maybe go the 3 years with a degree route?  That possibility makes this recruiting battle even more important IMO. 

On 11/6/2017 at 5:17 PM, hurryinghoosier5 said:

From local people (who know the family), he’s a one and done.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have always thought he would be a 1 & Done... but somebody told me that they had ties to the family and he would be in school however long it took him to get a degree, that the family had all agreed that the NBA would be an option but a degree was Priority #1.

*** Now let me tell you how in tune my sources are.....

It was a random guy sitting next to me at Hoosier Hysteria.... He did say he knew the family and from specific conversations about this subject that was what he was told.... I have no idea who the guy was and I could have just as easily said I was his dad's best friend... who really knows....

Just saying it is not out of the realm of possibilities.... but to me I still doubt he will play college BB for more than 1 season regardless of where he goes.

I have always thought he would be a 1 & Done... but somebody told me that they had ties to the family and he would be in school however long it took him to get a degree, that the family had all agreed that the NBA would be an option but a degree was Priority #1.

*** Now let me tell you how in tune my sources are.....
It was a random guy sitting next to me at Hoosier Hysteria.... He did say he knew the family and from specific conversations about this subject that was what he was told.... I have no idea who the guy was and I could have just as easily said I was his dad's best friend... who really knows....
Just saying it is not out of the realm of possibilities.... but to me I still doubt he will play college BB for more than 1 season regardless of where he goes.

Vonleh said nearly the same thing before he got to campus. It’s hard to turn down a guaranteed NBA draft pick/contract.

(Not harping on you, I appreciate hearing what you heard)

Heck, by many accounts the player that seemed most interested in the academics side of things was Cody and he jumped when he got the chance.  Realistically, a first round pick (especially lottery) is likely to make more money in the first year than he would in 5 years with a 4 year degree.

Heck, by many accounts the player that seemed most interested in the academics side of things was Cody and he jumped when he got the chance.  Realistically, a first round pick (especially lottery) is likely to make more money in the first year than he would in 5 years with a 4 year degree.

Disagree. Cody could have left after his freshman year. He was I️n Kelley and even went through I-Core. Finished he degree recently as well. He was nearly finished with his degree by the time he left.