Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

That dude that picked him isn't the best at the ol crystal ball so it I take his KU pick as an IU pick lol. Interesting to note, KU had their Late Night at the Phog this weekend and Romeo decided to visit UCLA instead. I know his KU visit was set after, but it is a nice situation. We literally set ours up around him. That should tell him enough. 

34 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

That dude that picked him isn't the best at the ol crystal ball so it I take his KU pick as an IU pick lol. Interesting to note, KU had their Late Night at the Phog this weekend and Romeo decided to visit UCLA instead. I know his KU visit was set after, but it is a nice situation. We literally set ours up around him. That should tell him enough. 

Yeah I feel pretty good about Romeo going to HH for his official visit. I think it'll pay off in the end

Hasn't he already been to hoosier hysteria a couple times

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, he has been to 2 if I'm not mistaken, but the current class has usually got the attention. Romeo and our staff must have felt it was a big deal for him to be here. It was reported we consulted w his family before setting our date for HH. Also worth noting the previous years were under Crean. This is a whole new experience with a completely different staff and a lot of new players or should I say guys looked at as role players being key contributors this year.

I think HH is bigger for Garland honestly than Romeo. That only being the case because I feel like Romeo is ours unless KU has a monster pitch. The ongoing investigation there even if self imposed only helps us even more. I do expect UNC to join us and KU, but they seem to be turning a lot of attention to Nassir Little. Have heard UCLA is a dark horse too.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I think HH is bigger for Garland honestly than Romeo. That only being the case because I feel like Romeo is ours unless KU has a monster pitch. The ongoing investigation there even if self imposed only helps us even more. I do expect UNC to join us and KU, but they seem to be turning a lot of attention to Nassir Little. Have heard UCLA is a dark horse too.

To be fair I think getting Garland would go a long way to getting Romeo 

I honestly have no read on his recruitment based on everything I have read. First Louisville was the favorite, then Vandy was a serious player, now Kansas has jumped to the front possibly. But don't forget UNC, they will be a serious threat too! 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Garland was here last year for HH wasn't he? Also not sure why everyone is counting UNC out but I wouldn't do that just yet. 

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

I'm with you, Iugradman.  There's nothing to actually go off of here.  I really enjoy the reports from our board locals that state he and his family are high character people.  I'd LOVE for him to come be a Hoosier.  But honestly, I don't NEED him to be a Hoosier.  We've got a million things going on right now.  Implementing a defense is going to have a far greater impact on IU ball than a recruit.  I'm already invested in the 8 recruits (3 freshmen, 5 committed) we have that I've never seen play in crimson and cream.  I don't want to overlook guys like Jerome and Justin.  I don't have enough attention left in me after guys like Clifton are already showing up as projected first rounders.  I'm with the rest of you, trying to guess how guard minutes get divided this year, and whether or not our backcourt can drive this team.  I'm worried about what injuries may come about, and heaven forbid whether there's anything connecting us to this bribing stuff.  I'm reading into Hurt's tweets with Race, and Trendon's seemingly lesser excitement about his Alabama visit.  I want to know what Jake Forrester will show now that he is a featured part of his team.  I wonder what we'll see out of Phinisee in his senior year.  I'm gunshy after the Wilkes recruitment went south in a hurry last year.  And finally, I'm effing devastated by the violence in Vegas.  

Romeo is an awesome talent, but I'm having a hard time getting too invested in the trickle of information we receive. 

I was never confident with Wilkes because of who IU had at the time. And I'm with you on Vegas. It just absolutely disgusts me how someone could do that

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Romeo turned down many prep schools because he wanted to stay home. This kid likes being close to his parents.

That has to bode well for IU's shot, correct? The only other schools close to his home are soon to be sanctioned Louisville and UK, in which I've heard he has little interest...

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

That has to bode well for IU's shot, correct? The only other schools close to his home are soon to be sanctioned Louisville and UK, in which I've heard he has little interest...

I think it does. But the biggest factor is gonna be Archie. He's about to take IU back to the national stage

I think it does. But the biggest factor is gonna be Archie. He's about to take IU back to the national stage

In the big picture, I agree. That's the biggest factor in our ability to recruit the prime talents for years to come is to not only get back on the national stage, but to be a regular there.

I think in the short term (this season) it's going to be the perception of the talking heads and, more importantly, the local fan base that gets the attention of the 2018 and 2019 kids. There is a huge chance for IU /Archie to up the ante in his first year if expectations can be exceeded. The question is, what are those expectations in the eyes of a kid like Romeo? And, should the expectations of the fans/media around him not be exceeded, how much do their opinions sway him? Of those schools in contention for him, we are the program with the most to prove this year and a lot of attention will be garnered because of it.

I have confidence in CAM and what he does this season (and moving forward, of course). We'll see how it impacts Romeo's choice eventually. Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app