Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2/6, in an afternoon game New Albany defeats Columbus East 78 - 58.  Langford with a routine 33 pts.  He's now 31 points shy of 1,000 for his career.

Full account of the game at:  http://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-bulldogs-clinch-share-of-hhc-title/article_a9b1946e-cd6a-11e5-adc4-cfc28d98c08c.html

Key highlights include:

Langford who took over in the second quarter — when he scored 13 of his 19 first-half points.

The 6-4 sophomore finished with 33 points and 14 rebounds, sinking 5-of-6 free throws in the fourth quarter.

Full account of the game at: http://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-bulldogs-clinch-share-of-hhc-title/article_a9b1946e-cd6a-11e5-adc4-cfc28d98c08c.html

Key highlights include:
Langford who took over in the second quarter — when he scored 13 of his 19 first-half points.
The 6-4 sophomore finished with 33 points and 14 rebounds, sinking 5-of-6 free throws in the fourth quarter.

Kevin Williams from East is my cousin :) Playing for Hanover next year

More on the 2/9 game and Langford reaching the 1,000 career points mark.

EVANSVILLE — Playing a rare Tuesday night did not affect Class 4A No. 1 New Albany all that much Tuesday night at the Bear Den.

Sophomore forward Romeo Langford reached the 1,000-point plateau with a game-high 31 points to lead the Bulldogs to their 14th consecutive victory, defeating host Evansville Central 82-39.

Langford passed former New Albany guard A.J. Groves for ninth place on the Bulldogs’ all-time scoring list. It was the eighth consecutive contest that Langford has tallied more than 30 points.

Langford reached the 1,000-point mark in scoring with 6:09 left in the fourth quarter, converting a layup to put the Bulldogs up 68-32.

“It’s pretty awesome that a kid who is 16-years-old and a sophomore in high school has 1,000 career points already with four more regular-season games to go plus the tournament. It’s pretty incredible,” New Albany head coach Jim Shannon said.

As far as Langford was concerned, it was another solid night in trying to help the Bulldogs win.

“It’s not like I’m not surprised. I knew I was scoring a lot. I just let it happen,” Langford said.

Langford was 14-of-24 from the field, 1-of-6 from 3-point range and 2-of-3 from the free throw line. He also had game highs in rebounds (10) and blocked shots (three). Langford earned the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association District 3 Player of the Week award for the second time this season Monday.