Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

IU vs MSU Post-Game Thread

I don't put it all on Troy. Someone is instructing him and the team to have him operated and arrack from the top. Perhaps Troy could have worked more in the off season and been more prepared to be an occasional PG but it is clear this is something Crean thinks gives us an advantage.

. Troy had all summer to develop a mid range game. He has none! Still thinks he's a point guard

Second half, Troy makes a completely senseless turnover that leads to an open corner three. There was a timeout where Troy should have been benched. Nope, the very next play Troy is handling the ball at the top of the key, driving to his right and was lucky the MSU player touched it before going out of bounds. Troy is out of conTroy most of the time leading to multiple Troyovers and a Troywreck.

Thought the same thing at the time! He was out the next play. CTC needs to stop the Troy Williams project and move on! Give Troy minutes based on how he's playing!! If he has it going, he's a difference maker, if not, he's a house wrecker!!

We got caught in a buzz saw...a team inspired that played like it. 

However, if somehow we can win out, we still win the B1G regular season. And the only difference this game could have made was to win it outright without a tie.

We should be favored in every game except at Iowa. So it's not impossible.

Its a fair critique. 

I've been fairly consistent in my appraisal of Yogi, and that's to say that he's a shooting guard trying to play the point. True, he has the school record for assists, and there's no arguing that, but stats are for losers. Getting assists and making your teammates better, are two completely different things, and in my opinion, he simply isn't very good at the latter. Too, for all his quickness, he's at best, average, on the defensive end. Nice guy, no doubt, but I can think of at least five former PG's who've donned the candy stripes, who I'd prefer running my team.

We got caught in a buzz saw...a team inspired that played like it. 

However, if somehow we can win out, we still win the B1G regular season. And the only difference this game could have made was to win it outright without a tie.

We should be favored in every game except at Iowa. So it's not impossible.

I applaud your optimism, even if I question your judgement  :-)

Post 38 TrueHoosier. "Legless by February, heartless by March". Starters log too many minutes in the blowout games and CTC running too hard late season practices. By his own words he worked them long and hard on Super Bowl Sunday after the Penn State loss and will probably do the same tomorrow. Of course they're legless and if you know you've got very little left in the tank you're going to be disheartened. Same old same old with a CTC coached team.

And after today I'm afraid I'm moving on to the Troy please go pro bandwagon. I've read Hutch's post on Troy and I certainly respect his opinion, but Troy now has nearly 3 full seasons under his belt and every game we have to worry about which Troy will show up. Why should we expect he will be anything different next year?

Today was bitterly disappointing.

Post 38 TrueHoosier. "Legless by February, heartless by March". Starters log too many minutes in the blowout games and CTC running too hard late season practices. By his own words he worked them long and hard on Super Bowl Sunday after the Penn State loss and will probably do the same tomorrow. Of course they're legless and if you know you've got very little left in the tank you're going to be disheartened. Same old same old with a CTC coached team.

And after today I'm afraid I'm moving on to the Troy please go pro bandwagon. I've read Hutch's post on Troy and I certainly respect his opinion, but Troy now has nearly 3 full seasons under his belt and every game we have to worry about which Troy will show up. Why should we expect he will be anything different next year?

Today was bitterly disappointing.

I'm not sure what to make of this team's lack of stamina or drive. Somehow, I can't see Crean putting these kids through any more taxing practices than did Knight, yet Knight's teams used to start building towards the end of the season, (if they were going to be serious contenders), whereas Crean's teams begin to implode around February. Something doesn't make sense there. You can see it in their play, and in their faces, their tanks are empty; emotionally, physically, psychologically, empty.

I'm sure that Troy is a nice kid, but he simply doesn't have what it'll take to make it in the NBA. He has athleticism going for him, but that's about it. He has no consistent jump shot, can't handle the ball to save his soul, and utilizes not one shred of that athleticism on the defensive end.

That's the problem. Crean has 2 healthy McD All Americans and a slew of other quality players on the roster and gets smoked by a team that on paper is less talented. If Izzo was our coach, then IU is a top 3 team nationally this season. It's so frustrating that we don't have the best coaching in the conference, when we are the marquee basketball program in the conference.

That last part is the problem. We aren't the marquee program anymore. Michigan State, Ohio State and Michigan are all ahead of us brand wise.

That last part is the problem. We aren't the marquee program anymore. Michigan State, Ohio State and Michigan are all ahead of us brand wise.

Our history says otherwise. We are a top program nationally from a history perspective. We are the marquee team for basketball from a tv viewership standpoint as well. We also are in a state that produces a slew of high major talent on a yearly basis. Make no mistake OSU and MSU have had better runs of late BUT IU is the marquee program of the Big Ten.

Lol.. I would pay to just watch what Chuck can do for a game or 2. His principles, this current roster. A few tweaks would be all that is needed.

If max can't be stopped, u feed him no questions.

Decide whether we are hedging, going over/under or switching everything.

Let OG run wild

Call a freaking timeout when necessary.

Scrap the 3 point launching - less freedom, more discipline and structure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk