Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TheWatShot

IU-PSU post game thread

Bad game overall, players and coaching. Indiana needs to win against Iowa or winning the b1g is going to be really tough.

Hate to be a realist, but not really sure that this was ever a real possibility...winning the Big 10 that is.

We beat Michigan by 13 though...and beat Wisconsin, once...and beat Notre Dame...and made it to the second round of the loser's bracket in Maui...and only lost to Duke by 20.

Actually according to some, beating back to back opponents by 30 is what is really impressing. You just can't discount how impressive that is.

That was a pathetic performance.  There were some incredibly dumb decisions on the court and just being careless tonight, that's on the players.  We've seen that same thing quite a bit though with Crean as coach, so he shouldn't be absolved but there's definitely a player aspect to it.

We can't say anything about the refs.  We got the benefit of some pretty questionable calls ourselves tonight.  We didn't deserve the win and Penn State made the plays they needed to.

We went cold in the second half, but as they say live by the 3 and die by the 3.  Frankly, PSU took a lot of ill advised jumps shots when Bryant and Bielfeldt were in foul trouble and also missed quite a few pretty good looks.

hopefully i'm getting here after people have had a chance to calm down a bit. now my question:

why the hell did everyone look so tired out there? TB was exhausted after sitting most of the first half, our guards were habitually going under screens instead of fighting through them, and our bigs' weren't blocking out with intensity.

This is an inexcusable loss - PSU is a very very bad team. We are the same team as last year. An 8 seed that loses in the 1st round of the NCAA. And what's worse is that such mediocrity is acceptable to Glass. I pray Troy goes "pro" after this year as he does nothing positive. Never seen a kid regress more than him. We will beat Iowa and Maryland and will lose to Illinois. The inconsistency and mediocrity kill me. Just when I thought Nancy Boy was doing a good job ... Officially done with him but will stay behind the team.

Don't blame the refs. We shot twice as many free throws as PSU, turned the ball over too much and dos not shoot well from outside.

When teams play tight D against us on the perimeter we struggle. Dakich called out OSU for sitting back and letting us set things up. Wisconsin did not. UM did not have the guard speed to press us.

Last year I thought Iowa tended to lay back and not guard our guards tight so we may have a good chance against them. Unless they watch the tape.

That over and back call though?  Hate when refs anticipate calls. 

When will Crean realize that PSU will play a physical, slow game and make adjustments?  We shot 26 FTs and that number could have easily of been twice that.  We have this bright shiny Escalade in the garage that we don't like to use if the weather is bad.  However, we love to use our Ferrari that hasn't been in the shop to get the steering wheel adjusted and the throttle always seems to be stuck when pressed. 

We are who we have been under CTC. Hoped against hope CTC had turned a page, but it is the same agonizing repetition. I f'n feel like Sisyphus w/o the benefit of the cardio.

"They are who we thought they were." 

- Denny Green

Well 5 of last 7 games are against ranked teams and three of them might be in top 10 still so have a chance to get some resume wins or possibly play ourselves out of the ncaa