Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Get it over with already KBJ so we can start making depth charts and projected starting lineups. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

PG - Phinisee
SG - Romeo
SF - Brooks
PF - Smith
C - Jackson Davis

Bench -
Durham
Hunter
Green
Davis
Thompson
Forrester

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

PG - Phinisee
SG - Romeo
SF - Brooks
PF - Smith
C - Jackson Davis

Bench -
Durham
Hunter
Green
Davis
Thompson
Forrester

Romeo is all over the chart on mock drafts now. Ive seen him as high as 5 and as low as 24. I think his long range shooting is the only thing thst would drop him. Who knows maybe he will be back

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Romeo is all over the chart on mock drafts now. Ive seen him as high as 5 and as low as 24. I think his long range shooting is the only thing thst would drop him. Who knows maybe he will be back

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The three biggest issues that I think NBA teams will have with Romeo in no specific order are his shooting issues both from 3pt and the FT line, his defense, and his ball handling which is kind of loose at times and could be a problem at the next level.

The three biggest issues that I think NBA teams will have with Romeo in no specific order are his shooting issues both from 3pt and the FT line, his defense, and his ball handling which is kind of loose at times and could be a problem at the next level.

I’ve wondered at times about his ball handling. Could this be why he gives it up so quickly at times to try to hide that deficiency?

7 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Yeah for being labeled a "scorer", he unfortunately doesn't shoot too well yet.

I love Romeo as much as everyone else, but wonder if he'll fall in the draft if he doesn't improve his 3P% of 21% and FT% of 69%.  Yikes.

Hopefully Romeo coming back for a 2nd year wouldn't hurt our image with top recruits, but I just love the idea of throwing him in at the 2 in a lineup with Trayce and Brooks.

Keion at the 3 with Romeo at the 2 and TJD down low would be so incredible.

I love Romeo as much as everyone else, but wonder if he'll fall in the draft if he doesn't improve his 3P% of 21% and FT% of 69%.  Yikes.
Hopefully Romeo coming back for a 2nd year wouldn't hurt our image with top recruits, but I just love the idea of throwing him in at the 2 in a lineup with Trayce and Brooks.

That happens with UK and KU almost every year. The reality is sometimes guys aren’t as good as their ranking coming out of high school which is mostly based on upside anyway. So it shouldn’t impact recruiting that much imo as long as IU is winning. Plus it’s not like CAM isn’t playing Romeo like Roy Williams was handling Little at UNC.

His TS% is .572 currently. Which is decent but not elite. He will have to improve on that but it’s not as bad you would think. Zion is otherworldly but not many people similar to Romeo are much better. For his usage he is in line with others. We just see him all of the time and can nitpick him more than others. But if I am picking #1 I am sprinting to take Zion with his numbers.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

That is a legitimate concern, but Duke, UK, and KU have all had instances where a top 10 player came in and didn't do well and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all. Granted they have more instances of success, but I don't think players will hold it against IU. Also, say he comes back for a sophomore season like Miles Bridges and has a Naismith like season and still gets drafted in the top ten. That would still show IU's ability to develop players.

Edit: didn't realize other people already commented on this. Sorry for contributing to the derailment!

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Like I've said before, from what I've heard is that TJD and Keion were being recruited as if Romeo was returning (Romeo being the one telling them he'd come back to play with them). We also wouldn't have to have any transfers with De'Ron graduating early this year as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=5610222

Brooks, TJD, Phinisee all Indiana guys all playing together? That sounds like a team with potential for amazing chemistry and synergy.

I think Romeo leaves if we finish the year strong, show up in the tourney and he obviously does well. Potential to return though I think if he plateaus from here on out and we either don’t make the tourney or we slip in and exit early.