Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

43 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Kind of easy to say now but man his shooting needs some work. Small sample size at the line but after Utah Valley tonight he is 2-8 from the FT line. 0-3 from 3pt as well and only getting about 15mpg on an overrated team

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

With two starters out in Montgomery and Quickly. He’ll still get minutes but not enough to improve his game. I wasn’t as high on him as most were coming into college and felt he highly benefited from playing with better talent who played unselfish ball, elevating his game. He’s not going to find that at UK and will be used as a role player

I tried telling people multiple times he wasn’t as good as his ranking. Did I want him? Sure because he had potential but looking back I’m glad he chose UK. Hopefully I don’t get haunted by those words if IU would play UK in the tournament.

I wish him the best while rooting for his team to always lose. If his fortunes continue to not live up to his ranking, we can always keep this in our back pocket while recruiting top level in state players everyone else is also recruiting. 

59 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't want anyone or anything to do well at pUKe (I even hope their Bluegrass gets blight) but in fairness it's 3 games into his Freshman season so it seems a little premature for him to be declared a bust. Let's wait until his hopes and dreams are truly dead before celebrating. 

Dude, I’m reading along and noting how reasonably you’re treating Brooks, and then you went full John Snow on his a**.

Wow

I tried telling people multiple times he wasn’t as good as his ranking. Did I want him? Sure because he had potential but looking back I’m glad he chose UK. Hopefully I don’t get haunted by those words if IU would play UK in the tournament.

He’s very talented and we would have been lucky to have him. This reeks of sour grapes.

I am not rooting for him because I am jealous UK got him and we didn’t but no doubt he would have helped us

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s very talented and we would have been lucky to have him. This reeks of sour grapes.

I am not rooting for him because I am jealous UK got him and we didn’t but no doubt he would have helped us

I said over a couple of years ago I didn’t. He had a great senior year and I would have been happy he came. I am not sure Indiana or Kentucky was his best spot he could have ended up with.

I said it after his sophomore and junior years. I also was given pause last year when he struggled against Galloway. I said the upside is there but that only goes so far.

I said it after his sophomore and junior years. I also was given pause last year when he struggled against Galloway. I said the upside is there but that only goes so far.

His shot hasn’t been great but if he was 3 games into his IU career and people were trashing him already people would be up in arms.

He’s going to be a solid contributor on a tournament team, not sure what more you can ask for from a fringe 5 star freshmen

I’m almost certain they were in the bag. The money bag that is.

Although Brooks with the LaLu history is highly questionable as well.

Sorry, had to be that guy.

I mean, that was very strongly implied by a resident insider. But you didn’t need to be an insider to know that after looking at who was recruiting him.

13 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Plus Romeo kicked his @$$ defensively. That still makes me smile.

Hurt his calf over a month ago.

Was supposed to miss about a week.

About ten days after the “injury” he was a full participant and apparently played well in UK’s Pro Day.

Has played 5-5 and in drills in practice since then.

Over a month later, he is now 2-3 weeks away from playing according to Calislimy.

Something is up, and it seems like it is more than a calf injury.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

About ten days after the “injury” he was a full participant and apparently played well in UK’s Pro Day.

Over a month later, he is now 2-3 weeks away from playing according to Calislimy.

Hoping he hurt it jumping for Joy when TK chose Purdue and he was certain Archie would have a spot for him 

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You can't just tease like that! Now you gotta give some baseless, outlandish guesses about WHY!

Anything but aliens, I hate it when aliens are the plot device to explain everything.