Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

13 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Old Friend bringing the positivity?

I think a lot of next seasons success or failure will hinge on individual player development and chemistry. I think we have some pieces but they don’t always play FOR each other or FOR Indiana. That’ll need to change in order to have a better season

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I've been positive a lot...maybe not game to game; but a lot more than for you to be surprised!  Give me SOME credit!

Yes...player development will be key and we'll all know how Archie and staff are doing very quickly.    We need to start by an expectation of at least 75% FT's as a team.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Let me see if I can instill some sanity into this mess.

1)  No team...not Indiana, not anyone can effectively handle just one "1 and done" kid.  The reason is simply because that player will almost always have a different agenda than his team mates; and at this stage after almost 20 years of below standards basketball?  Indiana needs program kids.  Unless we want ti become UK and get a bunch every season, Indiana is better off without one and done players; and the ones they DO get need to have more than a right hand drive to the rim.  Just sayin'.

2)  Next season, Jerome Hunter will play.  And he's good.  I saw Arman Franklin play a few times.   We will not miss Romeo one bit.  You all can call me crazy if you want to....and I know some will.   But talk to me in 11 months.   Franklin is at least as athletic, a better shooter (although I wouldn't call him a shooter),and has a left hand.   Davis will be a year healthier.  Thompson will be healthy.  Phinisee will be healthy.  And TJD is very good.  I doubt we'll have to worry about Clifton Moore and perhaps 1 or 2 others...Indiana will be a better team next year.  By far.

3)  There will be another addition or two.  We won't know those names until we know who's leaving; but I'm here to tell you the sky did not fall tonight.  Brooks choosing UK means nothing to IU or the direction of IU or the downfall of IU or that IU "lost a player."   A kid who transferred to La Lumiere for basketball only reasons chose UK for basketball only reasons and he wouldn't have been a long term fix at IU any more than Romeo has been.

Breathe folks.   And please stop the incessant negativity.   Purdue lost tonight.  Rejoice in that consistent mess.  

You are right on the money. A lot of the possible succes relies on JH (ok, heck most of the success) but if that kid can play I LOVE our chances with him DD and TJD up top with a year of seasoning for our backcourt.  If we add a shooter and a transfer or under valued frosh.....next year could be special.  

They are just remembering the old days. Not much of a difference between us and Washington is there? We just aren’t good. Sleeping giant? Maybe. But it will take a great coach to awake it. Is Archie that coach? Probably not even close. Not that’s he’s a bad coach but he just doesn’t seem to have what it takes to compete at the absolute highest level in the country. But fans just want to continue trying to build off what happened 30 years ago rather than trying to establish a 100% new era. Keep the tradition in the halls and the rafters. Time for a new era of Indiana basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
To awake a sleeping giant you have to go big like kentucky did. I am not saying get a slimeball but you have to get a guy who had major success. Archie may do fine but we are not going to be competing with the dukes of the world year in and out. Thats just a fact and if we make thed tourney 75% of the time going forward i guess thats a victory now. Ive accepted that. I think being like a wisconsin is our best option.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

When Green, Al, and Smith are projected to be 3 out of 5 starting spots, it spells worry.

Smith has major shooting problems. And makes a lot of questionable decisions. Durham was much better this season but shooting was dropping all season. Relies on drawing fouls. Like the kid, doesn’t seem like starter material on a great team. And Green, who I’ve always seen big potential in, is just wildly inconsistent and doesn’t always try his hardest.

I don’t know what to hope for except the guys that don’t want to be here transfer and the guys that do, get a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So starters next year are probably 

Phinisee/Al/?????/Smith/TJD

With Hunter or Race taking the open slot other coming off bench  

Green and Deron other primary guys off the bench  

Franklin, Damezi, Jake, Moore also in reserve. 

Based on being healthy, there is zero chance Davis doesn’t start. We should be a very big team next year....and a major matchup nightmare.  Hunter, TJD, Davis are most likely our starters up front. 

Based on being healthy, there is zero chance Davis doesn’t start. We should be a very big team next year....and a major matchup nightmare.  Hunter, TJD, Davis are most likely our starters up front. 

This sounds loads better. With Phin and Green.

We need to land 3 guys per year between the 25-75 ranking range that meets our needs and we will kill it. Five stars are nice to put us over the top but the baseline needs to be those 4 year 25-75 types.

That also makes it more palatable when we miss out on a guy or two

Thats how michigan gets it done. I mean the big ten doesnt really get alot of five stars. Michigan state gets the most but nothing like duke. Most big ten programs never get a five star. The two michigans indiana and ohio state are really the only ones.

3 minutes ago, Cletus20 said:

Even when healthy he barely played 20 minutes a game. Yeah he might start but basically a 5a and 5b. Who is the other guy get 20 minutes at the 5?  

Well that’s TJD probably. Which would mean your starting 4 is primarily playing the 5. And you are having to have somebody else play 30 minutes at 4. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This sounds loads better. With Phin and Green.

Let’s hope Al takes the next step to become a shooter, and Green realizes the importance of decision making, AND that Rob improves his shooting.  We will only be as good as our guards ability to knock down open shots (including Franklin)  We can win with a front court of DD, TJD, HUNTER, SMITH (think he’s leaving), RACE,  DAMEZI, MOORE 

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

When Green, Al, and Smith are projected to be 3 out of 5 starting spots, it spells worry.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think a lot will change, and I don't even expect Green to BE here, let alone start.   Franklin or Hunter would start over him, anyway; and I think over Smith, too.    I know I'm betting on a healthy Hunter; but....

I'd bet on Phinisee, Franklin, Durham, Hunter, Davis.

Hunter by the way is 6'7" 220.  Morgan as a senior is 6'8" 230.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Even when healthy he barely played 20 minutes a game. Yeah he might start but basically a 5a and 5b. Who is the other guy get 20 minutes at the 5?  

Well that’s TJD probably. Which would mean your starting 4 is primarily playing the 5. And you are having to have somebody else play 30 minutes at 4. 

Plenty of bodies to soak up the minutes at the 5 (pretending nobody transfers). Should be looking for about 5-7 minutes per game.  If......IF Hunter can play, he can be used at 3-4-5 on D. It’s just a fricken crapshoot till we know his status.  

Just now, Cletus20 said:

Plenty of bodies to soak up the minutes at the 5 (pretending nobody transfers). Should be looking for about 5-7 minutes per game.  If......IF Hunter can play, he can be used at 3-4-5 on D. It’s just a fricken crapshoot till we know his status.  

The whole point is to put out effective lineups not just put out a body. Putting out a body is Fitzner basically. 

You don’t need multiple bigs to be successful. Id rather just have a hard and fast rule that TJD or Davis is in the game no matter what. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Assuming Smith stays, there are 80 total minutes available at the 4 and 5 every night.   Davis, Jackson-Davis, Hunter, Thompson, and Smith can eat those minutes in a hurry, and Smith and Hunter can play the 3 as well.  That leaves out Forrester and Moore who many said should play THIS season when we had no depth.    Moore's done.  Not sure about Forrester.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Assuming Smith stays, there are 80 total minutes available at the 4 and 5 every night.   Davis, Jackson-Davis, Hunter, Thompson, and Smith can eat those minutes in a hurry, and Smith and Hunter can play the 3 as well.  That leaves out Forrester and Moore who many said should play THIS season when we had no depth.    Moore's done.  Not sure about Forrester.

Agreed I just would start TJD and Davis. You want one of them in the game at all times maybe both. With either Race or Smith as the primary 4. 

Honestly would be ok with a Race/TJD/Davis rotation. 

With a Phinisee/Al/Green rotation at guard. 

Hunter and Smith can fight out the 3

If hunter is healthy as we have no idea
My expectations for next year will be low which is probably a good thing. Predicting 20 wins the last two years on my part proved unrealistic. I will more realistic next year and maybe be pleastly surprised.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed I just would start TJD and Davis. You want one of them in the game at all times maybe both. With either Race or Smith as the primary 4. 

Honestly would be ok with a Race/TJD/Davis rotation. 

With a Phinisee/Al/Green rotation at guard. 

Hunter and Smith can fight out the 3

Hell froze over tonight.  You and I agree.....except I'm here to tell you, Franklin will play and he will contribute,