Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

No. I doubt it. I don’t trust most of these so called “insiders”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the problem with this one in particular is he is wrong often. Like more than he is right. He had Romeo to Vandy for 4-6 months last year. Every high end recruit is going to UK. I am guessing he is just a kid that’s a UK fan that’s trying hard to break in to the business by his posting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And that may be the biggest sign yet .... 
Capture.thumb.JPG.84e7e9fd197707e193668adf11d0a6b7.JPG

So very true. I’ve always considered it ok to be critical of players on message boards and never on social media but I’m starting to even question this premise.

I will say I’m certain it’s not just our fanbase but the social media stuff is disgusting and I loathe how people act on it.

I’d say you can call this a “justifiable” reason to pick NOT Indiana.

Although UK fans will do the same stuff, only worse.

Furthermore, winning cures most/all. Other fan bases with huge expectations win WAY more than Indiana so you don’t see it as often.

Consider UK during the NIT season and how they treated their players.

So very true. I’ve always considered it ok to be critical of players on message boards and never on social media but I’m starting to even question this premise.

I will say I’m certain it’s not just our fanbase but the social media stuff is disgusting and I loathe how people act on it.

I’d say you can call this a “justifiable” reason to pick NOT Indiana.

Although UK fans will do the same stuff, only worse.

Furthermore, winning cures most/all. Other fan bases with huge expectations win WAY more than Indiana so you don’t see it as often.

Consider UK during the NIT season and how they treated their players.

Yes she didn’t see that Kentucky
team when they were in the NIT. Kentucky fans were losing their mind.

I've never really understood the personal criticism directed at players even on message boards. The personal stuff that was said about Green and Smith during the losing streak IMO was over the line in terms of how we should react to a game. Sure, criticize a guy's performance, but the character attacks make me uncomfortable. These guys are kids that none of us know personally. Who knows what they're dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s different. I think at one point all of the boards had collectively decided nothing personal on a kid. I think around Creans last year that relaxed on all boards. This board is mild compared to others for sure. I think what some of it boiled down to is everyone collectively hit their tipping point at the same time due to Glass waiting too long. Right or wrong a lot of newer people that are on these boards found it through social media. They carry that anonymously hot take approach to boards and they have ultimately become a cesspool to a degree. The 1% of crazy becomes more vocal than 99%.

It's not right at all, but it's a reality of playing sports in the social media age. Just look at the reaction the Bears' kicker got on social media when he missed that kick. Unfortunately it will only get worse for Keion and his peers as they continue in their careers. 

I don’t see how after today’s loss we think it’s over with Keion. That comment of leaving his home to secure his future was made way back when he left FW to play at La L, and I highly doubt yesterday when Archie met with him he said “Coach, if you lose tomorrow’s game I’m not gonna go to IU.” In my opinion, today’s loss has no effect on Keion at all. It’s not this year’s team that he will be playing with. Am I 100% sold on him coming to IU, no...but I’m surely not ruling it out. 

I don’t see how after today’s loss we think it’s over with Keion. That comment of leaving his home to secure his future was made way back when he left FW to play at La L, and I highly doubt yesterday when Archie met with him he said “Coach, if you lose tomorrow’s game I’m not gonna go to IU.” In my opinion, today’s loss has no effect on Keion at all. It’s not this year’s team that he will be playing with. Am I 100% sold on him coming to IU, no...but I’m surely not ruling it out. 

I have heard that quote being tied to him leaving his HS to attend LaLu, but couldn’t find the quote anywhere. Do you have the article it was used?

I’m not doubting you, or others, AT ALL. Would just like to see it

This may have been mentioned before but Tipton Edits said on his IG story that TJD would be in attendance for the commitment tomorrow. Very likely just there to support a close friend and teammate

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
All i know is this program needs some good news. Help needs to be on the way!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk