Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Essentially said can’t blame a 5* for going to UK, if indeed he goes to UK.  
I took it as he’s going to UK with a slight hedge in case it somehow turns out to be IU.

Well, it’s what I expected IF true. Had just hoped to hold out a slim chance of hope a little longer. Here’s to still that hope! (Raises glass full of beer if beer were had)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

I took it as he’s going to UK with a slight hedge in case it somehow turns out to be IU.

Same feeling I got

He is the king of reminding people or trying to convince people he is in the know and he does so by saying a whole lot of nothing riddled with outs

Meh you don’t change your crystal ball like that if it’s truly split or 60/40. They’re giving us subtle hints. 
So they are talking to the family? Where are they getting all of this.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Agreed, the next two games are the biggest ones of the season. The year is far from over just got to beat a team we already have this season and a team we will certainly be favored against. Don’t give up quite yet folks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
We can make it but a loss tomorrow may end it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

I’m just wondering what is Archie’s backup plan here? Quinones?

For a while we kind of were led to believe that Archie's fresh interest in a few recruits was due to the possibility (or likelihood) that we would have transfers at the end of the season.  Now I have to wonder if the staff were only reacting to a change of heart from KBJ.  I sure hope he didn't have the staff convinced he was coming and they, then, stopped recruiting 2019's - only to have him pull a 180 on them.

And, unfortunately, you are correct about Hunter.  There's no reason to feel fully optimistic or pessimistic about his future - I really believe everyone involved is hopeful but guarded at this point.  I truly hope he can overcome the medical issue and move forward, but only time will tell.

Even though it appears we're all resigned to the fact that Mr. Brooks will be heading to Lexington, I have a feeling these pages won't be quiet between now and March 15. 
My message, however, to the Mildcats: Beware the Ides of March!!!

I would guess they could say the same to us on their board, if they knew what it means.

Didn’t we hear rumblings about TJD to MSU after his signed LOI?  
I still don’t think it’s over 
In fairness Mike Pegram didn't give an official prediction for TJD to MSU like he has here for UK. I'd say he knows and that this one is a wrap.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Im gonna go total optimistic and say that Peegs changed his pick to UK to help the family keep the suspense and shock the world when Keion chooses IU! (I’ve learned how to type on my phone while dreaming ).....but seriously, hopefully it’s just a guess on his part at this point and IU is still somehow in this. It’s crazy how Calipari can swoop in like this and make such an impression. Keion can go to the NBA playing for IU as well, and his friends are there. I’d like to think that in the back of Keion’s mind, he would regret letting his friends down and missing out on having fun with them. He has always said how important and a privilege it’d be to represent his home state across his chest...hopefully that doesn’t end up being all talk. More than happy to have TJD and AF onboard and already representing IU very well!! 

If we do lose Brooks it’s not the end of the world. Always said that I thought TJD was more important because of the position. Man do we need Hunter to be good to go next year 

If we can somehow add one of Quinones, Beverly, or solid JUCO, we’ll be in good shape even without Brooks. I’m still holding out hope that he comes to IU but that hope is dwindling quick.

The thought of having Brooks on one side and Hunter on the other would be awesome. Though when the tweet started coming out about Brooks senior saying time To be selfish, in my mind was letting Indiana fans know.
Our staff going hard after two wings shortly after Kentucky visit pretty well sums it up. Beverly and Quinones may not be the same players as Brooks, but were best available after getting intel that Brooks could now be a no.
I hate it, but Kentucky is always in it. I wish they would have landed bigger fish now. Keion would be ours.